• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

****ty Day Vent Thread!

BADNESS

Resident Troublemaker
Vancouver, BC
Ever had such a ****ty day that you just had to throw on Slayer - God Hates Us All and listen to the whole cd full blast until you calmed down enough that you were not going to do something that someone else would regret?

I had one of those days today.

6'5", 245lbs, Scottish, Bad Attitude, plus a bunch of other stuff I won't bore you all with plus a new douchebag boss = trouble.

But I'm on track 13 now (here comes the pain. :laugh:), so it's all good...until tomorrow :eek:

It always feels better to vent!

Please feel free to add to this little thread of positivity :lol:

I been thinking of sharing some of my own experience with this in the ;off topic; thread.
but anyway, from my experience, music has saved me many many times. i listen to music constantly...sort of my savior lol.

are you into doom metal? i love the stuff. but im more into the depressing, world is bleak, F life style of metal. if your into it, i have a few suggestions.

im 6' lol. dang your a lot of Scottish lol. I think I'm considered tall for an Asian.

Share away my friend...

As for your feelings about music...ditto. It's got me through a lot of the really rough times in my life...and I've had my share. As for my musical taste...that's a loooong and diverse list, but I do like it heavy.:cool: I'll never give up my cd collection! :laugh:

LOL, i gave up my cd's....some i could care less about, some i wish i didn't sell, some i gave to a old teacher i knew who loved the music i loved at the time.

For heavy,,i would suggest 'Draconian' a swiss doom metal band whom i obsesse over, jsut found out Lisa Johansson their lead vocalist just had a new son and decided to leave the band immediately, which killed me..man she made the band awesome. its a sad day...for draconian fans. For you, i'd prob suggest their second album 'Arcane Rain Fell' pretty heavy bleak stuff. I forgot the name of another band...
there was a short time when i loved funeral style metal. just utterly depressive stuff.

Damn...I haven't listened to Slayer in a long time. My brother was in a band over 20 years ago that opened up for them once in Albany, NY. They also opened for Suicidal Tendencies, C.O.C, M.O.D. and Agnostic Front. There was a big local music scene out of the Troy, NY (where I grew up) area back in the day!

Damn...I haven't listened to Slayer in a long time. My brother was in a band over 20 years ago that opened up for them once in Albany, NY. They also opened for Suicidal Tendencies, C.O.C, M.O.D. and Agnostic Front. There was a big local music scene out of the Troy, NY (where I grew up) area back in the day!

Sweet! I love Suicidal Tendencies and C.O.C. I work my Suicidal shirt the other day! :laugh:
Cool about your bros band.

im 6' lol. dang your a lot of Scottish lol. I think I'm considered tall for an Asian.

6 foot is considered taller than average for Asians. I'm Japanese/Okinawan and I'm 5'11", 210lbs. When I go to Japan, I'm usually one of the taller guys walking around. And get this, I was robbed in the gene pool...my Dad's 6'1", 240lbs and my brother's 6'2" 160lbs (lightweight LOL)! I'm the only one NOT to break the 6 foot barrier...BY 1 INCH!!!! But my Mom's only 5'1", so that answers the question why. Hehehe!

6 foot is considered taller than average for Asians. I'm Japanese/Okinawan and I'm 5'11", 210lbs. When I go to Japan, I'm usually one of the taller guys walking around. And get this, I was robbed in the gene pool...my Dad's 6'1", 240lbs and my brother's 6'2" 160lbs (lightweight LOL)! I'm the only one NOT to break the 6 foot barrier...BY 1 INCH!!!! But my Mom's only 5'1", so that answers the question why. Hehehe!
lol everyone else in my family is shorter. :) some reason i sprouted lol. your brother sure is thin for that height. i'd like to be a extra inch taller or two. :) im close to 170lbs.

lol everyone else in my family is shorter. :) some reason i sprouted lol. your brother sure is thin for that height. i'd like to be a extra inch taller or two. :) im close to 170lbs.

Nice, lucky you! You must be the youngest sibling. My brother is 5 years younger than me, and he IS thin for his height. He was a late bloomer...in 8th grade, he was around 5'4" - 5'5" and over 200lbs (overweight without a doubt). In fact, he was overweight for most of his childhood up to college, then something clicked and he dropped all the extra weight (and then some) and shot up in height. I guess I shouldn't complain, it could've been worse for me since my mom was short...I could've taken after her side, LOL!

Back