• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Type O Is Closing The Doors

Yeah looks like they are closing the doors but today I got an email stating....that "your account will be cashed out, so there will be no points left when you join the Oakley Community"

Wonder what they plan on giving everyone for their points and what they have in store for the next program....guess time will see.

Yeah looks like they are closing the doors but today I got an email stating....that "your account will be cashed out, so there will be no points left when you join the Oakley Community"

Wonder what they plan on giving everyone for their points and what they have in store for the next program....guess time will see.

Well the new program doesn't use points, so the Type O ones are obsolete. And the points have no cash value, so it's not like you can redeem them for anything.

What they did say, as quoted in the OP, is "All rewards earned through point accumulation will be distributed shortly after and the point system will be officially closed." However, as shown in other threads, the rewards have been very inconsistent, some people getting stuff at lower tiers while others getting nothing at higher tiers. The system was inscrutable...

Just checked my account, and I've earned a "free Oakley eyewear cleaning" at any O Store. Spend a few thousand on their products and you get a reward that anyone who walks in the door can get for free :headbang:

I called the store to ask them to hold my bullet case and they said the store has some cleaning kits that are part of the rewards....

The best thing about Type O was their one employee who hooked us up with F&F codes when the automated email system "forgot" to send out codes to everyone that deserved them. Can't remember dude's name, but I hope he didn't get the axe when Lux made all the recent cuts.

Back