• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Type O Member awards

Wow, Yoda-speak... :D

Smarts / smart asses. Not mutually exclusive descriptions...

I already have three halves of nada so thanks for your generous offer but I'll pass; you apparently need it more than I... ;)

Seriously though, my parting gift was a bullet case that I had to spend an hour on the road to collect. Big whoop-de-do. There were plenty of things about this program that I could get upset about, but it just isn't worth getting one's panties in a bunch. Shlt happens.

So the whole "let it go" advice isn't because we're all tired of hearing you whining about it, at least speaking for myself. It genuinely is heartfelt advice that you'd be better off personally by letting it go. Speaking from experience.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Adapt and overcome! For those of you who have followed this saga, I must say that today marks the end of my campaign. Oakley like many other great companies is at times run by lesser humans. Like the population at large there are but a few that choose to differentiate themselves. The easiest thing to do in most situations is often the hardest because it takes initiative. When a challenging situation comes along most run from the problem rather than towards it. It took 8 weeks to find someone who did what so many others chose not to do. Listen. When someone complains we all hear them. How many truly listen to them?

I received an email communication from a young lady named Stephanie at Oakley. She apologized for the run around I had experienced and ensured me that my loyalty as a customer was recognized. That alone would have sufficed had it not been her generosity for everything that had happened. A package arrived today. The box was from Stephanie and in keeping with my philosophy of never giving up I have uploaded a few images along with some inspirational words to express my appreciation. It is true we don't test the bounds of reality we set them. Change your environment! Do not be a victim of it. Make something happen each day. As Jim Jannard had said, Everything can and will be made better. It's just a matter of when and by whom. Stephanie has made a difficult situation better by listening, nothing more. Ask yourself what will you do going forward...

Congrats.... and I will say thank you as well to Stephanie if you happen to read this for going out and doing what others would not.

I got my black microfiber bag, a small sticker, a few conversations with someone cool at HQ and a favor to be redeemed at a later date. Hopefully I will get to use it.

There were some who supported what I was doing along the way. Still others felt I might have been wasting my time. I can only say that despite the program's shortcomings I didn't get anything for free. None of us did. We earned the points. Regardless of their value they belonged to every member who invested money to get them. I don't want to believe in the word failure. I prefer to believe that anything is possible when you decide it's going to happen. Waiting is never a good strategy. Get off first!

View attachment 193444 View attachment 193443 View attachment 193442 Adapt and overcome! For those of you who have followed this saga, I must say that today marks the end of my campaign. Oakley like many other great companies is at times run by lesser humans. Like the population at large there are but a few that choose to differentiate themselves. The easiest thing to do in most situations is often the hardest because it takes initiative. When a challenging situation comes along most run from the problem rather than towards it. It took 8 weeks to find someone who did what so many others chose not to do. Listen. When someone complains we all hear them. How many truly listen to them?

I received an email communication from a young lady named Stephanie at Oakley. She apologized for the run around I had experienced and ensured me that my loyalty as a customer was recognized. That alone would have sufficed had it not been her generosity for everything that had happened. A package arrived today. The box was from Stephanie and in keeping with my philosophy of never giving up I have uploaded a few images along with some inspirational words to express my appreciation. It is true we don't test the bounds of reality we set them. Change your environment! Do not be a victim of it. Make something happen each day. As Jim Jannard had said, Everything can and will be made better. It's just a matter of when and by whom. Stephanie has made a difficult situation better by listening, nothing more. Ask yourself what will you do going forward...

Congrats. I'm glad it worked out for you.

This was the recent reply I got after thanking the person that assisted me.

Thank you Robert for the kind words. For me it just comes as a natural response, treat others as you want to be treated.

We had a fail and I wanted to make that right for you. It’s long time fans of the brand, such as yourself, that keep the culture alive. We need to make sure you know just how important and valued you are to us!

If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.

Thanks,

Simple philosophy indeed. Value the customer. They are a gift!

Back