• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UK X-metal servicing. Cerakoting. Custom cut lenses. Stripped screw heads. UK

Hiya @OakleyOneKenobi I have a pair of Juliet Plasma/Ice that I bought which have a very loose nose bridge. The lenses only have very minor scratches on; is there anything you can do about them? Also I'd like them cleaned up as they haven't been by the previous owner. In general the glasses just feel flimsy at the moment, as if they're going to break when i put them on.
Sorry, I'm new to Oakleys so apologies if the photos haven't been particularly helpful! I do have a video that I can send.
Cheers.

View attachment 964634

View attachment 964635
Just checking to see if you want them doing buddy?

Hey Mike, I’ve just joined and was thinking about Trying to repair the bridge on my Juliet’s myself using linegear parts, wud u say it’s tricky? I’m fairly handy with fiddly things like iPhones and laptops so thought it’d be straightforward? What u reckon?

I really want to get prizm lenses in it at some stage, maybe that’s something you have got going?

Hey Mike, I’ve just joined and was thinking about Trying to repair the bridge on my Juliet’s myself using linegear parts, wud u say it’s tricky? I’m fairly handy with fiddly things like iPhones and laptops so thought it’d be straightforward? What u reckon?

I really want to get prizm lenses in it at some stage, maybe that’s something you have got going?

DON’T. DO. IT.

DON’T. DO. IT.

It is entirely up to you buddy. I have had plenty of frames come in after people have attempted to do it themselves and ruin a pair. Linegear parts for the nose bridge retune are not that good in my honest opinion. I use the best parts available. I had someone send me some Linegear pins and couplers and I didn’t use them as they are inferior to the ones I use.

Like I say, I am not going to tell people not to do it themselves, I just tell them it is not as easy as some think.

Mike.

Hi @OakleyOneKenobi could do with your help with an initial run Juliet that needs a proper service. I've had them from new so they're definitely ready for some work. Lenses and frames aren't bad at all but they're slack as hell now. Let me know if you want pics etc. first. Looking forward to hearing from you and getting them back out in the sun!

Back