• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UK x metal tune up ?

markh

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Hi, can anyone recommend someone in the UK who will do a Juliet tune up. Main thing is I want to change the lenses, one screw came out easy, the other one wont budge. Searched forums for T6 screw problems and sounds a bit scary for a Juliet novice with his first pair !

Would rather send them out there, just been on your site, just thought I would get a quicker turnaround from here as I'm off on my hols on 4th may.

I posted my Juliet's to Oakley UK for a tune up,
I'm assuming you got them back okay, others haven't been so lucky...

Would rather send them out there, just been on your site, just thought I would get a quicker turnaround from here as I'm off on my hols on 4th may.
Xman has literally saved several of my pairs from certain doom. His work is never sub par and he genuinely cares that you get a product you are happy with. He's tuned most of my frames. Can't recommend this guy any higher, he's simply the best out there in my opinion...

Is the screw head ok and do you have a proper t6 screw driver? Those thin cheap/free drivers are not a good idea. I would recommend you purchase a Wiha tool which will probably solve your issue here as the purchase and stability with a quality driver is far superior.

Regarding Oakley U.K for X Metal servicing.
I've had around 10 pairs to them within the last year or so with only one very minor problem which was sorted out by them better than my expectation.
However how they would deal with a seized screw i don't know.

I had a siezed screw in a penny once, so ended up taping it to the inside of a tub so the screw hole was oriented horizontally, then added a drop of wd40 to the head then allowed it to soak through, repeated that for a day or two, then cleaned it up, warmed it with a hair dryer then tried the driver, which eventually led to it screwing out.

Also had one that was rusted so bad, that didn't work, so had to carefully drill the head off (use a pillar drill and used the other side as a reference to how deep to go to avoid damage) then once that was off, ease the frame apart (there's enough flex) and unscrewed the thread with some needle nose pliers.

Or just just send them to the XMan as he'll do a quality job and probably will be faster then sending them to Oakley UK (who just bounce them to somewhere on the continent I believe?) and the nose will come back tighter than a nun's promise ;)

Latest Posts

Back