• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ultrasonic Cleaner

EIZOHK

Oakley Beginner
Hong Kong
Is it safe to use ultrasonic cleaner to clean OAKLEY sunglasses? My local shop uses it to clean all glasses. I do exercise daily and my glasses are dirty. It is inconvenient to clean it using lens fluid. I wonder whether the cleaner can damage coating of lens and paint on frame.

Ultrasonic cleaners use sound pulses to break up dirt. If the water has no additives it won't do anything to oil (skin/hair/face/pimple oil). If it has additives I'd be VERY careful as to what they are and if they'd react to Oakley lenses.

I use KODAK lens cleaning fluid and lens cleaning paper to remove oil. The fluid does not contain any alcohol. However, it takes several minutes to clean and so I want to find a easier way to do it daily.

Is there an Oakley store, Sunglasses Hut, or Oakley Vault near you? They sell Oakley cleaning kits and will refill the spray for free. The spray works well to give them a quick squirt and wipedown.

Also, you might want to review the "how to properly clean Oakley sunglasses" thread.

Clean them by hand; soft (not Palmolive or Dawn) hand soap and warm water will do the trick, and is suggested by Oakley.

Natural cleaning products such as Tom's and Melaleuca are great for cleaning Oakley lenses. They are all natural, so they lack the harsh chemicals that wreak havoc on lenses.

I just use the Oakley cleaning kit. Keep it in the car. Use it when needed. And if it runs out, I pop into Sunglass Hut (as much as I don't like them) and say "Fill"

Latest Posts

Back