• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ultrasonic Cleaners for Oakleys

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if an ultrasonic sunglasses specific cleaner works well.

@TeeRay said in another thread that putting them through the dishwasher works good, but I suspect that's not such a good idea if you have lenses in situ due to flying debris that may scratch the lenses (and abrasive dishwashing powder).

@i am rich showed this beast - Oakley Eyeglasses cleaning machine , but because I don't have his avatar name, I can't really afford such an item.

Do any of you have one of those ultrasonic cleaners? Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

I was looking at this particular one....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4CHESS/?tag=oakleyforum04-20

and slightly discounted here.... SmartClean

You don't need an entire ultrasonic cleaner. A cost-effective method would be an ultrasonic toothbrush. I have a spare I use just for my Oakleys. I obviously don't use the bristles on the lenses, but for the frame it works out great.

You don't need an entire ultrasonic cleaner. A cost-effective method would be an ultrasonic toothbrush. I have a spare I use just for my Oakleys. I obviously don't use the bristles on the lenses, but for the frame it works out great.
Thanks @htrap2294.

I do use an electric toothbrush at the moment, but I'm always worried about bristles on the lenses, and also the fact that I can't get everywhere consistently.

I like the idea of "setting and forgetting". Also I do buy mainly second hand Oakleys, so it's nice to know that all the dirt and rubbish has been shaken off them in a more thorough job.

P.S. Because you're a frequent poster here on O.F., can I ask a favour of you? Please upload a new avatar photo of yourself!!!! The "question mark" default picture is driving the obsessive part of me, nuts!!! :agree:

Thanks @htrap2294.

I do use an electric toothbrush at the moment, but I'm always worried about bristles on the lenses, and also the fact that I can't get everywhere consistently.

I like the idea of "setting and forgetting". Also I do buy mainly second hand Oakleys, so it's nice to know that all the dirt and rubbish has been shaken off them in a more thorough job.

P.S. Because you're a frequent poster here on O.F., can I ask a favour of you? Please upload a new avatar photo of yourself!!!! The "question mark" default picture is driving the obsessive part of me, nuts!!! :agree:

I definitely understand that. I do agree, part of the downside of the ultrasonic brush is sometimes you have to focus on more areas longer than others as opposed to an ultrasonic cleaner, you can turn it on and let it do its thing.

I love the default profile picture! I know it bugs people, that's why I keep it! For you, I'll change it though. :)

Back