• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ultrasonic Cleaners? Thoughts?

Wouldn't recommend you put watch heads through this (bracelets on their own are fine) - otherwise you are risking water being forced through the seals and ultimately killing your watch.
Yeah, the instructions mine came with advised against putting watches through it. Bands by themselves are fine.

Wouldn't recommend you put watch heads through this (bracelets on their own are fine) - otherwise you are risking water being forced through the seals and ultimately killing your watch.

Been doing it for years so far without any issue. Good to know though, maybe a good excuse to buy a few more ....just in case :)

I like them for cleaning out vaults. I use to use it also for cleaning frames, but with the X-Metals, I found soft tooth brush, cold water, and dawn are easier, and less noisy.

Also got a small electric air compressor to get the hinges super dry after water cleaning.

My setup mid-way in this thread:

Do you guys use them or have an opinion about them?

I just bought a Smartclean Vision.5 ultrasonic cleaner for $80 shipped. It does fit x-metals.

Seems to do a good job judging by the residue left at the bottom from 4-5 pairs that weren't that dirty. It has an auto shutoff feature where it turns off after 5 mins. It also auto shuts off for 10 mins after every 5 full runs (perhaps due to overheating!!??).

Ultrasonic frequenxy is 45 khz

Internal dimensions 173 mm x 82 mm x 45 mm approximately

Haven't plucked up enough courage to put in custom jobs from @SouLFuLFroG, @zwc0442, @Wavecloud just in case I damage the coating somehow. Be interested in your thoughts.

View attachment 624090View attachment 624091
Do you have a link for where you got that?

Aliexpress is full of these stuff around 25 USD
Do not know the quality but these kind of machines are usually all manufactured in China...

Aliexpress is full of these stuff around 25 USD
Do not know the quality but these kind of machines are usually all manufactured in China...
Do you have any links to good ones? I don’t want to spend $25 and have it blow up!

Back