• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unable to replace scratched Prizm lenses

djh2020

Oakley Beginner
I purchased a pair of Oakley Straighlink glasses with Prizm Tungsten Polarized lenses 2 weeks ago, which I really really liked. Despite treating them with care one of the lenses developed a huge deep scratch right in the center of the vision. I have no idea how the scratches got there but that is beside the point. To my utter disbelief I was informed by Oakley support that I could NOT buy replacement lenses.

"I am sorry to report that the Prizm Tungsten Polarized replacement lenses are not available through the webpage and I apologize"

Why isn't Oakley offering replacement lenses for these sunglasses???

SKU 009331-1358 61 17 132

Why isn't Oakley offering replacement lenses for these sunglasses???

SKU 009331-1358 61 17 132

Not all lens colors are offered as replacements. Especially some of the newer Prizms are not yet available except mounted on OEM colorways

If you press the issue with "Oakley", I'm sure they will offer to replace the glasses at retail cost...
What's the best way to press the issue? I tried the live chat but that didn't get me anywhere. Is there a better way to contact Oakley? I don't see a customer support number on their website

What's the best way to press the issue? I tried the live chat but that didn't get me anywhere. Is there a better way to contact Oakley? I don't see a customer support number on their website
I think "at retail cost" is the key to his suggestion...maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I think he's saying you're pissing in the wind, my friend.

I would seriously try a different lens. If you wait until you're able to access the exchange, you can put a "buying" ad. I think some members, including myself, have straightlink lenses for a more affordable price. (I have jade and ruby prizm)

Called Oakley customer service and they were pretty awful. Basically I have to spend $203 and buy a new pair. Never buying Oakley glasses again.

Called Oakley customer service and they were pretty awful. Basically I have to spend $203 and buy a new pair. Never buying Oakley glasses again.

Well... Scratches would be out of warranty for most brands. Strange they didn't offer some sort of discount.

And also... Maybe don't buy Oakley direct so you don't have to pay full price. Just buy from the myriad other outlets available to get them
That way when scratches happen (and they WILL happen) you don't feel so bad about them.

the oakley customer support staff is known to be very unhelpful from what I've experienced working at a store. If you are able to visit an oakley store in person, they should be able to find some sort of replacement for them, whether it be a prizm polarized "shallow water" lens or a 24k polarized lens which will have a brown tint base. It is possible for them to search which stores have the lenses and have them shipped between stores.

Here is a thought... I just noticed this browsing their MVP program perks. All you have to do is join and you are an “MVP”. Looks like you have to go to an Oakley store though and not sure if it would work from an online purchase, but I thought it was worth mentioning as a possibility.

50% off the same pair may be comparable to sourcing replacement custom cut lenses. And this way you could get the exact lenses you want.

E7E40CA3-A6E3-4282-88FC-253B5B06A16E.jpeg

Back