• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Uneven Stem: Any Cure?

mopiko

I should Work at Oakley
hi guys,

Is there any ways to fix uneven stem? im referring to x-metals: Juliets/XX

i do know that some BNIB juliets came uneven but never actually bothered me until someone highlighted it to me; that it was a concern for them.

any advise?

I thought about that too. You can either spackle/bondo one side of your ear or you can cut a slot in the higher ear so the the pair will look straight :)

The uneven stem hella bugged me also. On my romeo the intake ports didn't even line up to the t shox hole so I tried bending it but I'm so chicken that it might break even though its made of titanium alloy. Finally i just took it apart and redistributed the washers. Before it was 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom, after 3 on the top 1 on the bottom. Now every thing lines up. Only thing is how long the single washer on the bottom will last...

I think you guys have stems wrongfully put, left on right and viceversa, or maybe they stems are from the same side, try and change sides, just be careful with the plastic washers

no,you cant switch them around or they would be way to far off and wouldn't even close

ooohhh you definitely can and they will close, I'm just suggesting that maybe that's the problem, that they're already been switched

I think you guys have stems wrongfully put, left on right and viceversa, or maybe they stems are from the same side, try and change sides, just be careful with the plastic washers

are u saying that Oakley came factory with wrongfully inserted stems? Err...i dont think so
I dont think any collector would swap a wrong side of stem being the obvious?

Last edited:
Back