• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Unique PB1

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. But looks like maybe a half inch squared box?

Who cut those lenses? My blocks are round. Or some people call them chucks.

But older and Italian edgers sometimes used square blocks, that stick to the lens with a "leap pad" or 3m pad.

Perhaps that's a flaw from recutting? If it's from me though I have no idea. I have noticed some of the newest batches of Lenses are missing iridium at very edges and scratch more easily. Like production quality is more rushed?! So anti smudge later peeled off with block?! @htrap2294

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. But looks like maybe a half inch squared box?

Who cut those lenses? My blocks are round. Or some people call them chucks.

But older and Italian edgers sometimes used square blocks, that stick to the lens work a "leap pad" or 3m pad.

Perhaps that's a flaw from recutting? If it's from me though I have no idea. I have noticed some of the newest batches of Lenses are missing iridium at very edges and scratch more easily. Like production quality is more rushed?! So anti smudge later peeled off with block?! @htrap2294

@zwc0442 cut them but I believe I had a donor I tested that had that box pre-cut too.

I don't think that box has anything to do with cutting, it looks like it's inside the lens.

No idea!

Username Hidden said:

Thank you anyways for trying, really confusing. If I had to guess, I think it's a cost cutting move as the scope of the box looks to be around the area of what your eye would look through.

Bump

I bump that too as neither me has enough bosses LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.