• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unissued Oakley Eyewear

Romeo Van Frogskinstein

I should Work at Oakley
England
Sometimes a product is set up with a part code but later aborted, there could be many reasons for that but the resulting problem is the question 'does this glass exist or not?', how can you prove something doesn't exist? Here is a list of pieces I believe were 'set up' for release but were never issued. Can anyone add any other items? or can you confirm any are more than a myth?

Commit Squared - Pearl - Black 24-329 Livestrong
Dispatch II - Crystal Blue - Grey OO9150-14
- Bottle Green - Dark Grey OO9150-15
Eyepatch - Polished Brown - VR50 Brown 12-736
Eyepatch 2 - Black Ink - Black OO9136-03
- Metal Flake Red - 24K OO9136-04
- Matte Grey/History Text - Grey Polarized OO9136-08
- Black/Lemon Peel - Grey Polarized OO9136-09
- Crystal Blue - Grey OO9136-17
- Bottle Green OO9136-18
Four S - Rootbeer - VR28 P 03-381
Frogskins gen 3 - Handpainted Clear - Violet. Transit Collective
- Handpainted Clear - +Red. Transit Collective
- Matte Snakeskin - Gold 24-178
- Surf Deck Blue - Ice 24-383 Craftsman
- Snow Deck Orange - Fire 24-392 Craftsman
Fuel Cell - Polished Black - Grey OO9096-22 India
Gascan - Polished Black - Black 12-709 Jamie Mcmurray
- Dark Crystal Red - Warm Grey 03-482
Hijinx - Polished Black - Black 24-106 Ilori
Jupiter - Polished White - Gold 24-208 Trevor Andrew/Trouble
Mars - X Metal - Black with red socks 04-108
- X Metal Crater - Black with red socks 04-109
M Frame - Polished Gold - Gold (Hybrid S) 12-735
Monster Dog -Black Fade - Black Clear Gradient 05-026
05 - Silver - Blue Black 05-458
OO - Silver - Emerald 05-454
OOE - Silver - Gold P 05-753
OO Square - Silver - Emerald 05-464
Oil Drum - Polished Brown - Bronze 03-486
Oil Rig - Black with Red Plaid - Grey 24-209 Finish Line
Penny - Ti02 - Emerald 04-133
Radar - Polished Gold - Gold Iridium P 12-758
Straight Jacket (original) - Tangerine - Persimmon 04-072
- Blueberry - Blue 04-073
- Grape Purple - Titanium 04-074
Thump 1 - Plasma - VR50 05-158

Last edited:
What is the difference between JET Black and MATTE or POLISHED Black? Does anyone know? That Polished Aluminium SCAR sounds sweet (if it exists or not)!

From my experience, Jet Black and Polished Black are virtually identical. I have a Polished Black USC Trojans Flak Jacket and i had dropped it, dinging the frame. So i went and bought a Jet Black frame and did a swap. No difference to my eyes.

Quick search. We've discussed this before:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...-jet-black-vs-polished-black-differences.html

Matte is obviously different. Matte finish vs shiny.

Romeo VanFrogskinstein said:
eyepatch - jet black/orange - warm grey 12-745 nicky hayden

They existed. Saw them in the vault at Arizona Mills a few years ago. Black with orange icons, warm grey lenses. A buddy has them - I'll get a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

del518 said:
What is the difference between JET Black and MATTE or POLISHED Black? Does anyone know? That Polished Aluminium SCAR sounds sweet (if it exists or not)!

It's not 100% of the time, but historically "jet" was sport frames and "polished" was lifestyle frames, both the same color. Matte black is totally different though, it's the flat black.

They existed. Saw them in the vault at Arizona Mills a few years ago. Black with orange icons, warm grey lenses. A buddy has them - I'll get a picture.

are you sure the pairs you saw were not; eyepatch - pol black - warm grey 12-746 nicky hayden? this pair was the normal issue and is how you describe it. the 12-745 'orange' is the inside of the frame, 12-746 the whole frame is black.

How about those god damn "koston/brown tortoise" holbrooks. Where the f u c k did those things go?

Edit: I WISH THIS FORUM WOULDNT UN-CAPITALIZE MY ****. IM IN ALL CAPS TO EMPHASIZE MY ANGER AND CONFUSION. LOWER CASE LETTERS JUST DOESNT GET THE SAME POINT ACROSS.

Edit: THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT.

How about those god damn "koston/brown tortoise" holbrooks. Where the f u c k did those things go?

Edit: I WISH THIS FORUM WOULDNT UN-CAPITALIZE MY ****. IM IN ALL CAPS TO EMPHASIZE MY ANGER AND CONFUSION. LOWER CASE LETTERS JUST DOESNT GET THE SAME POINT ACROSS.

Edit: THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT.

i already raised the question about the holbrook- brown tortoise - dark bronze OO9102-23 in another thread, and wondered why it was on the uk site for a shortlived time only. as this is a 'fresh' sku there is plenty of time available for oakley to give this a normal release. as such i do not consider this an item that may never have existed in the manner of the pieces in the list here. there will be other current models with skus set up but the glasses will simply come out in time. there are a few eyepatch II for example with part codes that so far are unissued but oakley can still produce these if they wish to.

The Holbrook mentioned above has a July 1,2012 release date, so it will be available in the US this summer.