• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unissued Oakley Eyewear

Thanks for the clarification. Last I heard it was still chillin in purgatory.

sorry for the thread deviation, but i'll just chime in with my 2 cents abt the supposed Koston Holbrooks. i saw the tortoise/bronze holbrook, with that exact SKU available on a UK website. but no mention abt the link with Koston. i asked around various sources, and it seems the Koston tag has been dropped from the system, and isn't being linked to that colourway anymore. weird huh? so i'm still waiting for confirmation on these.

very strange indeed, i wonder if there were samples made like the chrome Fast jackets?

Btw does anyone know how many chrome fast jackets were made? I know a couple people here have them.

sorry don't mean to hijack either

You would think they wouldn't give a pair a part code until they are ready to produce then. Why make the code before the actual pair? And then why put it in the system and not make it? Odd.

There was an eyepatch 2 slated to be released with a red frame and 24k lenses but it never was i believe.

I have two pair of Crosshairs that have never been released.
- Berry/ G40-Black Gradient (#05-718)
- Black Chrome/ Black-Violet Gradient (#05-818)

Both are NOT Crosshair S, in which both have been released in these colorways actually.

There was an eyepatch 2 slated to be released with a red frame and 24k lenses but it never was i believe.

there are four eyepatch II with part codes that have not been issued, but as this is a current model its hard to say at this time that they dont exist, they could be released in due course. the pieces are;

black ink - black OO9136-03
metal flake red - 24K OO9136-04
matte grey/history text - grey p OO9136-08
black/lemon peel - grey p OO9136-09

only very recently the pol black - grey OO9136-13 has been set up on the oakley site, but for a long time was just a sku code with no release. the matte black - warm grey OO9136-14 adriano de souza is another very recent issue so the eyepatch II is very much a 'live' item right now. it would be premature to claim the four unissued sku codes were never made or didn't exist.

sorry for the thread deviation, but i'll just chime in with my 2 cents abt the supposed Koston Holbrooks. i saw the tortoise/bronze holbrook, with that exact SKU available on a UK website. but no mention abt the link with Koston. i asked around various sources, and it seems the Koston tag has been dropped from the system, and isn't being linked to that colourway anymore. weird huh? so i'm still waiting for confirmation on these.

Yeah, weird huh? Maybe something similar to the Flores has happened?! Just kidding...
Maybe, as we mentioned when we saw the design for the Koston and the Shaun White tortoise Holbrooks, Oakley have realised that you can't have two signature models which look very similar. I said at the time I didn't think Koston would be happy about it.

I think a Koston Frogskins and Holbrook will be released in the summer, as Oakley confirmed to me, but what it looks like is now up in the air.