• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

United States Post Office & International Shipping? Kinda Applies Here

reggavegga

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
I just found out that Homeland Security has stopped the USPS from accepting Iternational packages from U.S. customers. Even for the APO U.S. soldiers. Not sure about UPS or FEDEX. But kinda puts a damper on us here that use them for shipping Oakleys and such.

I don't quite understand... For example, if I were vacationing in Europe and I sent a package to my house, USPS won't accept the package?

Not sure how it works the other way, but my understanding is I can't ship to someone on here if they live outside of the U.S. through the USPS. Again not sure about using FEDEX or UPS yet.

Really, that doesn't make sense, why would the US government want to stop international shipping and hurt US business by doing so?

Where did you hear this? All I can find is that international shipment of lithium batteries has been banned, and that customs forms must now be computer generated, nothing about all international shipping has been banned.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's just gadgets with batteries, not everything and UPS, FedEx etc aren't affected: http://www.fastcompany.com/1836973/...atteries-ipad-kindle-iphone-smartphone-laptop

Not sure how it works the other way, but my understanding is I can't ship to someone on here if they live outside of the U.S. through the USPS. Again not sure about using FEDEX or UPS yet.

That definitely doesn't sound right. I just shipped a pair of shoes this past Friday via USPS Priority to someone in the UK.

I just went to PO up the street from me this morning and the lady there said I hope that package isn't shipping internationally and I said no. She went on to tell me that they just told her not to accept them anymore. She said you could go online and do it and then bring it in but not sure about that she said she is gonna be blasted by mad customers. So it sounds like it all just happened.

I just went to PO up the street from me this morning and the lady there said I hope that package isn't shipping internationally and I said no. She went on to tell me that they just told her not to accept them anymore. She said you could go online and do it and then bring it in but not sure about that she said she is gonna be blasted by mad customers. So it sounds like it all just happened.

Wow. That's interesting if it's true. I wonder if it's the USPS cutting down on costs. Their Priority flat rate prices were very competitive vs UPS/FedEx/DHL.

Not sure if it is true or because of cost cutting measures or if she had too much to drink last night but I guess we will soon find out soon enough.

oh oh, if someone find out something about receiving an international package please post. i should have something shipped too me soon and i would hate for it to get lost or something. *looks at oakleynerd* :wink:

No truth to this at my post office said they haven't heard of this today, said if tht's so they will be out of business by end of the year.

Back