• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UNKNOWN Issue

mikeyp03

Oakley Beginner
hey guys, just posted an intro and figured I'd get right to it with a question lol.

I have a pair of UNKNOWNS...they're like 12 years old. They were my first pair of oakley's....and currently they're my beaters.
My problem is that the earsocks are BEAT...and I do mean BEAT lol. I know I cant get the replacements anymore....but does anyone have an idea which earsocks that are currently made might fit the unknowns?

I know I'd have to customize them a little, but I figured someone might know which will get me closest to the originals.
Thanks for any help!

hey guys, just posted an intro and figured I'd get right to it with a question lol.

I have a pair of UNKNOWNS...they're like 12 years old. They were my first pair of oakley's....and currently they're my beaters.
My problem is that the earsocks are BEAT...and I do mean BEAT lol. I know I cant get the replacements anymore....but does anyone have an idea which earsocks that are currently made might fit the unknowns?

I know I'd have to customize them a little, but I figured someone might know which will get me closest to the originals.
Thanks for any help!

if i recall correctly, unknown arms (and therefore earsocks) are unique. i dont have mine with me but if you post a pic (look for the "how to post a pic" thread), i'll throw you some suggestions. IMO the unknown is only good for their lenses being Splice donors haha..i find them weird lookin ;P

Hey man yea I took some pics today.
I really like the unknowns mainly because I dont worry about them...you'll see what I mean in these pics lol.
I work in peoples basements and attics and they go everywhere with me and when I knock them into something while there sitting on my head I dont care.

Last edited by a moderator:
it may not be a help but u can probably get a pair for 80 or so on Ebay They were everywhere a year or 2 ago in MPH and the Vault still has Black and Gold Iridium lenses...I dont know of any stem similiar I really liked these also

+1 on eBay. Especially if you get a pair with the lenses scratched and you only need parts. Maybe $40-50. If not I have been playing around with plasti dip sprays. Check out some of the you tube videos on dip your car. Quite interesting. Since you can also make you own colors and then trim off what you don't need. Quite interesting

thanks for the info guys.
I know these sunglasses are terrible lol....but they were my first pair and I've had em for so long that I don't want to replace them with a new "beater" pair.
I kinda want to see how long I can keep them going...pretty much until they disintegrate haha. Somehow I still havent even lost them either.

I'll either look for a parts pair or possibly look into those dip sprays.

those dip sprays sound like a good idea. you could always buy another unknown of ebay amd have this one for spare parts. just a hint- if you want to make em last longer, WASH THEM. too many people dont realise how bad sweat and grime are for oakley rubber and lenses.. even my "beater" i still rate a 8/10 because i take real good care of it

Thanks man. Yea I do wash them every so often but obviously not enough. I work in attics in the summer with these on my head so they get SOAKED in sweat all day every day lol. The lenses are also REALLY beat too, but for some reason I don't really mind. As soon as I get out of work I throw on a different pair, so I certainly dont worry about how they look...I just hate the decomposing rubber ear socks rubbing on my head lol

Hey I also have an Oakley Unknown. I want to replace the temple rubbers. Any link where I can get them?

IMG_20190625_230346.jpg

IMG_20190625_230332.jpg

Back