• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unobtanium Ear Sox (Holbrooks)

Geminiahmed69

Oakley Beginner
Hello fellow Oakley owners,
I am looking for some unobtanium ear sox for omatter holbrooks...
This would be such a nice addition to the holbrooks...
Thanks...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to the forum, there are no OEM earsocks for the holbrook, I do think it would make the shades look weird though. But if you want to try, you could cut your own out from another model, but I'm not aware which one would fit (maybe catalyst rubber will work).
Have you tried the new Metal Holbrook? If you want a tighter fit with the same style, this would be the model to go for, plus it has some rubber on the earstems to avoid movement. Give it a try and let us know what you think

Thanks for The reply,
First I must say that I wanted the rubber for the ear pieces for grip and aesthetics (preferably a gold or bronze color). Your suggestion on the catalyst ear sox rubber is a great start I will be checking up on the dimensions and fit And will update as soon as possible...
Second thing breaks my heart because the Holbrook xmetal a look great but that rubber on the ear pieces half metal half black rubber is ugly. If only they sold have made the gold satin with the gold rubber it would have been phenomenal..IMHO <~~
Hey are the xmetal holbrooks rubber replaceable??? If so have you seen them in multiple colors?? Oh and I hate nose pads on sunglasses I like a unibody look and feel.. Let me know if you can change the rubber on the xmetal holbrooks...
Thanks Thanks Thanks !!

image.jpg

Welcome to the forum, there are no OEM earsocks for the holbrook, I do think it would make the shades look weird though. But if you want to try, you could cut your own out from another model, but I'm not aware which one would fit (maybe catalyst rubber will work).
Have you tried the new Metal Holbrook? If you want a tighter fit with the same style, this would be the model to go for, plus it has some rubber on the earstems to avoid movement. Give it a try and let us know what you think
+1

I'm not aware if metal holbrooks can hace the rubber replaced, but for what I've seen in the layest models is that the rubber is sort of "fused" with the frame. I guess if you go to the warranty department they might fix it up for you, but I don't think you'll be able to grt extra rubber sets.
Seeing that you like theregular holbrook better, I'd suggest trying cutting other model rubber for it, I think that will give yo the desired finish you are looking for. Btw I said Catalyst rubber because I have the ferrari catalyst and it looks like it might fit the holbrook due to the shape and size, but again I'm not sure it will work. I think catalyst, jupiter squared or maybe even jawbreaker rubber might work. Hope this helps
Cheers!

Back