• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unobtanium Strap broke on my Stealth Blade 2

LoneRonin

Oakley Beginner
Mississauga
I've had this watch for some time and love it, I've already had to have the band replaced one time because it broke at the exact same spot just from being worn. Its right where it attaches to the case with the pins, its a design flaw I guess as this has happened the second time. It just happened to be a coincidence that I noticed it was broken as I was looking around for a new watch at a store. All I had been doing was walking around the mall and it was perfectly fine when I put it on in the morning.

I don't play sports or do anything rough with my watch on so for a brand that prides itself on marketing to 'extreme sports' enthusiasts this is unacceptable in my eyes. What's worse is Oakley has such garbage long term and after sales support for their products and watches in particular.

I live in Canada and replacement straps are completely unavailable now, had I known about this design flaw I would have gotten 4-5 replacements straps at once rather than just one. I will trying calling Oakley USA after the holiday weekend and hopefully they can help me out. I really hope they have some stock and don't give me a hard time to send it over to Canada. Its just a shame that such a gorgeous unique watch that retailed for over $600 is useless because of a damn rubber strap...

So much for "unobtanium"...only thing it lives up to is actually being un-obtainable when you need it.

I've had this watch for some time and love it, I've already had to have the band replaced one time because it broke at the exact same spot just from being worn. Its right where it attaches to the case with the pins, its a design flaw I guess as this has happened the second time. It just happened to be a coincidence that I noticed it was broken as I was looking around for a new watch at a store. All I had been doing was walking around the mall and it was perfectly fine when I put it on in the morning.

I don't play sports or do anything rough with my watch on so for a brand that prides itself on marketing to 'extreme sports' enthusiasts this is unacceptable in my eyes. What's worse is Oakley has such garbage long term and after sales support for their products and watches in particular.

I live in Canada and replacement straps are completely unavailable now, had I known about this design flaw I would have gotten 4-5 replacements straps at once rather than just one. I will trying calling Oakley USA after the holiday weekend and hopefully they can help me out. I really hope they have some stock and don't give me a hard time to send it over to Canada. Its just a shame that such a gorgeous unique watch that retailed for over $600 is useless because of a damn rubber strap...

So much for "unobtanium"...only thing it lives up to is actually being un-obtainable when you need it.
Buy a stainless band

can you just buy the stainless one alone? i think i prefer the metal to the unobtnaium. Not sure yet. headed to a oakley store either sat or sun. (if she quits finding stuff for me to do around that house) and nap times.. lol..

stainless bands are also unavailable and its not what I want...

My watch is matte black so the glossy black stainless one will look retarded with it, besides the stainless just turns it from a light sleek sports watch I can wear on my bike to a heavy fingerprint magnet paperweight.

stainless bands are also unavailable and its not what I want...

My watch is matte black so the glossy black stainless one will look retarded with it, besides the stainless just turns it from a light sleek sports watch I can wear on my bike to a heavy fingerprint magnet paperweight.
They make a stealth version with black stainless band. Both of my blades are the metal band. I figured be more durable with a better fit

From what I know the watch retailed for $550 and oakley USA is out of rubber bands and bracelets for the blade

Back