• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unserialised Polished Penny DWP lenses

raindownunder

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Australia
I got this pair from a forum member, this is the first time I've ever tried on Prizm lenses and I'm loving how the world looks when looking through these lenses! It came with X-Man-tight couplers and I just realised how much better this is compared to my normal-tight Pennies, it makes a lot of difference!

dwp1_front.jpg

dwp1_sideview.jpg

Last edited:
I got this pair from a forum member, this is the first time I've ever tried on Prizm lenses and I'm loving how the world looks when looking through these lenses! It came with X-Man-tight couplers and I just realised how much better this is compared to my normal-tight Pennies, it makes a lot of difference!

View attachment 549508
View attachment 549509
Whats the tint like looking through the lens? I'm in two minds whether to purchase the DWP lenses or the dark blue ones for my pennies. Your answer may help sway for the DWP. Cheers.

Whats the tint like looking through the lens? I'm in two minds whether to purchase the DWP lenses or the dark blue ones for my pennies. Your answer may help sway for the DWP. Cheers.

Hi buddy,

Looking through the lens, it is a bit uhm bronze-ish? Not sure how to describe it but I'll tale a photo and compare it with an OEM ice lens...

Last edited:

Penny with DWP and Juliet with OEM Ice Iridium non polarized:

F5731E20-0AA6-494C-BEF5-ADF47C5FE2F8.jpeg
DEB9485E-EF29-45D8-8697-0978B2283159.jpeg
D73DBEA5-F840-4956-84A5-7DDDFF4F1D0D.jpeg
1ACE5E1D-CB47-4C12-B4A0-54C3D4E7FC63.jpeg
683EDDAC-CCA0-4BB1-AA85-836F0F103D2A.jpeg
07420CBF-4FB7-4471-953F-0CB5425DCDB4.jpeg

It seems that DWP is more on the "yellow" side, and Ice itidium is more on the "gray" side...

I hope this helps!

Penny with DWP and Juliet with OEM Ice Iridium non polarized:

View attachment 552638 View attachment 552639 View attachment 552640 View attachment 552641 View attachment 552642 View attachment 552643

It seems that DWP is more on the "yellow" side, and Ice itidium is more on the "gray" side...

I hope this helps!
Wow that was fast response. Excellent comparison photos. Very useful. Thank you. Hmm not too sure I would like the brownish tint. The grey tint is swaying it for me but doesn't look as cool as the DWP though. I shall ponder some more.

Wow that was fast response. Excellent comparison photos. Very useful. Thank you. Hmm not too sure I would like the brownish tint. The grey tint is swaying it for me but doesn't look as cool as the DWP though. I shall ponder some more.

No worries, although I have to say that the Prizm lenses make the greens much greener compared to mu non-prizm oem lenses, in case you're interested with that.

Hey raindownunder, seeing the pennies and juliets side by side has reminded me off weighing my sunglasses. Surprisingly my Pennies feels a lot heavier than my polished Juliets. But, from memory, when I weighed them there was only 1gram difference between the two. I had expected the Juliets to be a lot more in weight. If you own some small weighing scales (not now-when convenient) can you write down the weights of both your Penny and Juliet please. I will jot it down on here later when I finish work. It would be interesting to see if they are accurate in weights with my glasses. Thanks.

Latest Posts

Back