• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unworn Oakley Plate Platinum 24K Iridium sunglasses... what are they worth?

DeLorean

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys :)
Back in 2004 (when I had money) I bought 3 identical pairs of Oakley Plate Platinum 24K Iridium sunglasses.
Over the years one pair has been completely wrecked with scratched lenses and bits missing.
The second pair has very tatty frames but perfect lenses (more by luck than care).
... and the 3rd and final pair has sat unused and unworn in their box (complete with paperwork and bag etc) since buying them.
I'm contemplating selling the new unworn pair but I don't know how much they're worth.
I know in this condition they're quite rare now, but using eBay as litmus to estimate their value seems very hit and miss.
Any ideas as to their value and what I can expect to get for them would be very useful.
Many thanks :)
P.S. I want to refurbish the tatty pair with perfect lenses to keep for my own use... does anyone know the paint code I'd need to respray them back to their original platinum colour?
IMGP2301.jpg

I would say 300$+ plates fluctuate a bit based on demand. But I don’t ever see the bronze or platinum in perfect condition go for under 300$
Wow... that much!
I was thinking whether I should sell them or use them... but I can't be trusted to wear a $300 pair of sunglasses.
If I ruined them I'd feel awful knowing how much they're worth.
I don't really care about my current 2 pairs of Plates (exactly the same as these) as both pairs are very scruffy and have been dropped and flung millions of times (and one pair were run over by skis) :D

Wow... that much!
I was thinking whether I should sell them or use them... but I can't be trusted to wear a $300 pair of sunglasses.
If I ruined them I'd feel awful knowing how much they're worth.
I don't really care about my current 2 pairs of Plates (exactly the same as these) as both pairs are very scruffy and have been dropped and flung millions of times (and one pair were run over by skis) :D
Well if you’re interested in selling the beat up pair at any time shoot me a pm and we can work out a deal

Well if you’re interested in selling the beat up pair at any time shoot me a pm and we can work out a deal
Thank you for the offer but I plan to restore the scruffy pair with the good lenses.
I just need to find the platinum paint code, a way to remove the old paint and the best way to glue the "plates" back onto the frame.
Oakley used two different colours of plastic to produce the plates. Some use a cream plastic whilst others are black.
The cream coloured plates are better as scratches and wear don't show up, whereas the back ones look pretty scruffy after a while.
Unfortunately my scruffy pair with cream plates lost some of it's plates (boo!) and the other scruffy pair (which is complete) uses black plates and they awful now as the paint has peeled.

If you have a bronze set as well I will be very interested once you have met the conditions to conduct a trade as its the one pair I'm missing they are a great pair and wear these and the silvers periodically when UK weather allows.
What else have you got and where in the UK are you?
According to o-review original rrp was $185 Plate

Latest Posts

Back