• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Updated/Refreshed The Display Case

So as nice as it was, it was looking a little bland. Staring at the white wall behind it was ugly. I set out on a mission earlier this week to find some great Oakley pictures and use those for the backdrop of the case.
After hanging the pics, I noticed that my copper glasses holder blocked the backdrop. I decided I needed an acrylic stand. I pulled out some acrylic and cut it to fit. Drove down to The Home Despot for some bolts and they were closed. Not amused.
Being extremely impatient, I took to task with what I had at home. A few snips from a sheet of aluminum, some of my wife's jeweler wire and a few crimp connectors, and I have a hanging platform. It came out pretty sick.

Here are some before/after pics to show the change...

Before (about a month ago)

IMG_0338copy_zps7d14c41c.jpg

Before (earlier this week)

IMG_0462_zps7f2ee3c1.jpg

After (tonight)

IMG_0473_zps1a0aa2a4.jpg

After (tonight)

IMG_0474_zps193e3e2c.jpg

After (tonight)

IMG_0476_zpsa2f05686.jpg

The pictures were all from Google searches. I searched all different things and filtered by "size; large".

Agreed, the top two pics do take away from the glasses a little bit, but I also like how there is a pair of Mars in the picture behind my Mars shelf, and a pair of Juliet's in the picture behind my Juliet shelf.

All in all I am super satisfied with how it came out.

Very nice, I'm sure that you enjoyed every minute of this project.

Latest Posts

Back