• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Updates to Oakley Forum Rules/Mod Actions 2020

For the umpteenth time, the management said to use the report button.
Well... I don't know what else to suggest. Locking should be a last resort, IMO.
For the equivalent umpteenth time, tell those crying about the lock to....use the report button 🤷‍♂️

I've seen countless others inquire about this very issue, but now I'm genuinely curious about it as well.

Being that the rules are just arbitrarily applied as desired by the mod team, does that also mean that the number of points issued for a given warning are also arbitrarily decided as well?

Also, can we get more clarity on how things that we report are 'moderated?' We all know the mods have told other members that certain members report them, but what I'm asking is, can there be a more uniform policy as to informing the reporting party how things were settled?

It would also be nice to know when your own posts are reported and how those are handled.

You can't expect people to learn and navigate within a ruleset that isn't applied equitably nor explained very well!!

I've seen countless others inquire about this very issue, but now I'm genuinely curious about it as well.

Being that the rules are just arbitrarily applied as desired by the mod team, does that also mean that the number of points issued for a given warning are also arbitrarily decided as well?

Also, can we get more clarity on how things that we report are 'moderated?' We all know the mods have told other members that certain members report them, but what I'm asking is, can there be a more uniform policy as to informing the reporting party how things were settled?

It would also be nice to know when your own posts are reported and how those are handled.

You can't expect people to learn and navigate within a ruleset that isn't applied equitably nor explained very well!!
I believe this explains, unless it’s changed...

Wanted to address

Have cleaned this toxic thread but wanted to address this question regardless.

Yes, points are standardized. No mod nor myself can change the values of a warning when issuing. Point values do vary between type of earning e.g flaming vs. violating exchange guidelines, but I won’t disclose the specific amounts to avoid members “not minding a lower value warning”.

But bottom line is yes point values are objective. Sure where warnings get applied are always somewhat subjective, we have defined general criteria here but every situation/context is different.

Wanted to address

Have cleaned this toxic thread but wanted to address this question regardless.

Yes, points are standardized. No mod nor myself can change the values of a warning when issuing. Point values do vary between type of earning e.g flaming vs. violating exchange guidelines, but I won’t disclose the specific amounts to avoid members “not minding a lower value warning”.

But bottom line is yes point values are objective. Sure where warnings get applied are always somewhat subjective, we have defined general criteria here but every situation/context is different.

I like my points like I like my school lunches. Doubled

Latest Posts

Back