• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Uploading multiple images at the same time

Still no go.
I'd still guess its a browser problem and not a forum problem. Back when I used to build websites one of the biggest headaches was building and optimizing for different browsers. Back then I used Firefox and most people used IE. I also used Linux and most were on Windows. The same page with the same source would look great for my setup and crappy on whatever setup the client had. I'm sure the browsers have gotten better about reacting the same way to the same scripts but there will always be anomalies that don't get seen by enough people to get fixed or don't cause a big enough problem to warrant the time it would take to fix them.

What we really need is a bigger sample size of people with IE and Firefox to test and confirm your results to narrow down where the problem really is.

I'd still guess its a browser problem and not a forum problem. Back when I used to build websites one of the biggest headaches was building and optimizing for different browsers. Back then I used Firefox and most people used IE. I also used Linux and most were on Windows. The same page with the same source would look great for my setup and crappy on whatever setup the client had. I'm sure the browsers have gotten better about reacting the same way to the same scripts but there will always be anomalies that don't get seen by enough people to get fixed or don't cause a big enough problem to warrant the time it would take to fix them.

What we really need is a bigger sample size of people with IE and Firefox to test and confirm your results to narrow down where the problem really is.

Right now I'm leaning towards Java being blocked by the network - they've done that before and Java 7 and lower has a major vulnerability right now. Normally they post a notice and I don't see one but that doesn't mean anything. I need to take my work laptop home and test it off the work network to verify. Maybe this weekend.

Right now I'm leaning towards Java being blocked by the network - they've done that before and Java 7 and lower has a major vulnerability right now. Normally they post a notice and I don't see one but that doesn't mean anything. I need to take my work laptop home and test it off the work network to verify. Maybe this weekend.
Or tether it to your phone briefly and try it?

I'm loving the amount of IT/Tech jokes in here. If you've received a like, you made me laugh...if not - you now know why you cannot upload multiple images :behindsofa: Just kidding!

Let me know if you're still hitting road blocks. Still sounds like browser, but I know single uploading images can be like pulling teeth.

@kronin323 Just wanted to add this here since I just noticed it myself. If you go to your forum preferences there is an option labeled "Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments". I've got it enabled but it might be worth trying to turn it off at work and see what happens.

@kronin323 Just wanted to add this here since I just noticed it myself. If you go to your forum preferences there is an option labeled "Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments". I've got it enabled but it might be worth trying to turn it off at work and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Disabling it makes no change, which is what I expected if the theory that the work network is blocking flash scripts is correct; I'm already stuck not using the flash-based uploader.

I assume if I disabled it and used my home system/network, where the multiple upload works, I'd get results like what I get with my work system/network...

BTW I didn't get around to firing up my work laptop and testing it on my home network this weekend; thought about it but didn't have a good opportunity. Sooner or later...

Back