• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Use Oakley Juliet Rubber as Romeo 2 Gasket?

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
I remember seeing someone posting a hack for R2 lens gaskets, in which you could cut a small slice of a juliet earstem rubber and use it as a gasket (I think it was Ju Apache or Linegear Japan), but I can't find the thread. Has anyone tried this before? I need some replacements and I want to be sure this hack will work before I chop a decent set of ear rubber

I had some custom lenses made for my R2 and since the frame was redone by a member here I never took them off. I decided to swap lenses today and I just found out there where no gaskets in there, the custom cut lenses fit without issue, but my new linegear lenses move a lot while cleaning them (they won't fall off completely) but I'm nervous they might slide out at some point.
I remember someone once said cutting thing ear rubber slice could do the trick, but I can't find the thread where they said that and I honestly don't want to ruin a new rubber piece just for it to go wrong

I’ve heard this before but never seen it done. That sucks all the lenses I ever used for an R2 never had issues without the gaskets. Hope you find something

Latest Posts

Back