• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Lens etching (also need dead lenses for testing)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I need some lenses to test etching on different iridiums. No polarized, etching them just makes a mess. I really want ones that people would otherwise throw away. I can supply you with stickers in return or if someone has a bunch I could etch something for you!

I'm open to pretty much anything.

So if anyone has any that would otherwise be tossed, please let me know!

PM me if you need lenses etched, prices start at $20 and only goes up if it's a really difficult image.
More that I've done can be found here:
My custom stuff (laser etching, 3d printing and vinyl)

IMG_4444.JPG

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
I have some as well and will get them around for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1494276772841-1114498225.jpg

Also got Ruby XS. Beaters but still plenty of lens to etch test.

Thanks guys! PM me please however much you need for them and I'll send it over. One of those little first class mailers is fine, it doesn't matter if they get sat on lol

Those XS ones should have beaucoup room for etching!

I have some headed your way J....

Username Hidden said:
I have some headed your way J....
Thanks dude!

PM coming I've got some too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@SiRacer420 Whoa Dude! do you think you would be able to do patterns on knives eventually?

I think I have some Titaniums and some G30 at home. Probably some plain old Warm grey I can send you too.

Username Hidden said:
I think I have some Titaniums and some G30 at home. Probably some plain old Warm grey I can send you too.
I was actually thinking this about Ti and G30 this morning wondering how they would do. That would be great! Thanks!

Username Hidden said:
@SiRacer420 Whoa Dude! do you think you would be able to do patterns on knives eventually?

I've tried metal and my laser won't touch it. I was reading about some stuff to coat metal with to make the laser etch it. I'll try to pick some up soon and see if I can get it working.

Back