• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Used Juliets

tetercluck

Oakley Beginner
Just bought a used pair of Plasma Ice Juliets. I was just trying to replace a pair that mysteriously got broken. The seller said he thought they were 1st gen. They arrived today and upon checking the serial number, they are indeed 1st gen. I will post pictures later, because they need some love. The lenses are badly scratched, and the ear socks are missing. I knew this when I purchased them, but I can still make them good as new for a lot less than most of the ones I have looked at on ebay.

Well I am new here. This is only my second post, and I will have to get one of my children to help me with the picture posting. I mentioned the pair of Juliets that were broken.They were X metal black iridium, and my very first pair of Oakleys. When I broke them, like a stupid head I got so mad I threw them away. I have a pair of Half X Plasma Ice Iridium Polarized, but they are not Juliets. I decided to go where I do most of my shopping, ebay, and try to "win" another pair. I finally did, and of course, my wife could not, would not understand why I would spend what I did on a pair of sunglasses with scratched lenses and no ear socks. But I know you all do! Anyway, the frames are in great shape. Flex couplers are a little loose, but not so loose I can't live with it. Speaking of lenses, any of you had experience with eyekon lenses, or should I go with Oakley replacement lenses?

I'd personally get oakley lenses. What is the Serial # on them, this will tell you exactly what lenses should be in those frames. I bought a Polished Juliet frame that had Slate Iridium (Irichio 51) lenses and green rubberes. The serial # starts with JB which is Polished/Blue Iridium lenses (don't make any more :() so I put new rootbeer rubbers and Black Iridium Polarized lenses and LOVE wearing them.

Yeah I just ordered the rubbers, and will order the lenses when the wife isn't around. Like it will make a difference since our emails go directly to her phone. Going to have to get a secret email account. HAHA!

From O Review=
JI###### Plasma / Ice Juliet 1st Generation
New rubbers are easy to get and you can get Ice Iridium lenses right from Oakley.

Got the rubbers in. Went to the O store and got 25% off my lenses. They had a pair each of polarized and non-polarized Juliets Carbon black iridium! I didn't realize the stores still had some of them. Man was that tempting. I was by myself too! But alas, I refrained. Oh yeah, almost forgot, sent the frames to the X-Man for a flex coupler tightening. Can't wait to get them back.