• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Using Oakley's as Safety glasses?

SanShouXMA

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone. I actually have an important question. I love going to the gun range and I always use my FastJacket as my safety glasses because they say Oakleys as suppose to be sports safe. Do you think they are good as safety glasses for a gun range?

Hey everyone. I actually have an important question. I love going to the gun range and I always use my FastJacket as my safety glasses because they say Oakleys as suppose to be sports safe. Do you think they are good as safety glasses for a gun range?

Three words:

Oakley. Standard. Issue

Where in jersey do you live?

Can you visit an O store or Vault?

I worked in security and when i needed to go to the range i used my Radar, and they were fine.
after a while i realized it's a shame if they will scratch, so i change to non Oakley sunglasses.
but if it's o.k. for you to sacrifice one pair so use them, my suggestion is to have one set of lenses that will be used only in range
so if they scratch you have another set to switch.

i use a pair of Gascan's with titanium iridium clear thump 2 lenses in them for safety glasses. i bought like 3 sets of the lenses when they were on closeout at the vault for like 12 bux a set. lol.

Last edited:
The polycarbonate provides impact protection. My preference is a pair with more air flow and coverage, but there's no reason a Flak Jacket won't work.

I've taken ricochet in my M Frames. Some didn't leave a mark. Some trashed the lens.

Back