• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

USPS sucks

So I had a package to be delivered Monday but there was an error with the zipcode. One digit off had it in a different city in my same county about 20 miles away. When I realized that Monday morning I called that post office and the lady knew right off what i was talking about. She said they would transfer the package to my local post office and it would be delivered the next day. Lol, wrong. They sent that package to the shipping hub in Jacksonville FL over 100 miles away, just for Jax to then turn around and send it to my local post office.

That's just one anecdotal example of the USPS' inefficiencies, but that scenario plays out OFTEN in my area. We literally have post offices every 10 miles or less in lil podunk 'towns' that aren't even incorporated. There was talk years ago about closing them but that never happened. Its absurd to me that an unincorporated 'village type' rural area would have no other public businesses, none, but there's a post office sitting there, manned no less.

Anyway, the package has apparently been delivered according to tracking. Guess we'll see.

On another note, I haven't had any issues with priority shipments. Just my own personal recent experiences.

The Post Office was created to offer a service to the people of the country.
The intention is to help the people.
“Run it like a modern business” oversimplified prioritizes money over people - which is NOT the purpose of the post office.

Some here should read the “narrative changing” concept that has been at play around the USPS debate for the past 30-40 years around service for the people vs ruthless corporation.

So I had a package to be delivered Monday but there was an error with the zipcode. One digit off had it in a different city in my same county about 20 miles away. When I realized that Monday morning I called that post office and the lady knew right off what i was talking about. She said they would transfer the package to my local post office and it would be delivered the next day. Lol, wrong. They sent that package to the shipping hub in Jacksonville FL over 100 miles away, just for Jax to then turn around and send it to my local post office.

That's just one anecdotal example of the USPS' inefficiencies, but that scenario plays out OFTEN in my area. We literally have post offices every 10 miles or less in lil podunk 'towns' that aren't even incorporated. There was talk years ago about closing them but that never happened. Its absurd to me that an unincorporated 'village type' rural area would have no other public businesses, none, but there's a post office sitting there, manned no less.

Anyway, the package has apparently been delivered according to tracking. Guess we'll see.

On another note, I haven't had any issues with priority shipments. Just my own personal recent experiences.

I had a similar thing happen to me... I gave someone the wrong zip code (31304 vs 32304), so it ended up in Georgia. It added a month to the delivery time. Not sure what went on there.

The second time (shipper didn't update the address), it added a week to the delivery time.

Seems like we were out of the same hub and JAX is a hit or miss. If I tracked it and it was in Jacksonville, I could conclude it would be delivered in Tallahassee the next day. Now, that's not necessarily true.

Private companies have unions, too.
I know thus. Unfortunately I am required to be a union member. It's nothing but a waste of my money every month.
And, the USPS union is extremely weak anyhow. Almost not even there...
As are most. They're unnecessary and are nothing but a money grab. My union keeps proposing rules that hurt us who are actually working.

It really is funny! Democrats refuse to allow any kind of reforms that would make it more efficient. I see this in DOD as well. If a lot of the bureaucratic layers were eliminated it would be more efficient.

USPS is an indication of the government as a whole. Bloated, bureaucratic, run by a union, old and inefficient, not worried about costs because they don’t have to turn a profit. Are there some great and caring people that work for the USPS? Sure. But the system is not good. Anything the government does just costs so much extra and everyone wants their cut.

Solution: privatize the mail system.

It’s not the Dems who aren’t helping the post office. Donnie says himself hes refusing to give them the help they need, specifically to hurt mail in voting. The dude wants to be a dictator so bad he can taste it.

Latest Posts

Back