• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

USPS sucks

That's an obvious NO, lol.

Logic like his doesn't survive in the real world without corruption and cronyism.
That's my assumption given his posts. I've both managed and owned businesses while I was in the Reserves prior to making a career change. The USPS business model is not sustainable and wouldn't last if it weren't a government agency. I deal with the same when I'm at my Reserve job. But in my civilian job I don't and performance like USPS' would result in my company going bankrupt and there only being one express shipper left in the US.

Did you see his own quote today? He literally is refusing aid to the post office to hurt mail in voting. Or did he somehow mean something else?
I've been busy with work and didn't have time to check the news.
The items are the post office and the $3.5 billion for mail-in voting,” Trump told Fox Business Network, saying Democrats want to give the post office $25 billion. “If we don’t make the deal, that means they can’t have the money, that means they can’t have universal mail-in voting.”
Why is the USPS bailout tied to the CV relief? It shouldn't be as USPS' issues are not a result of the CV nor are they new this decade.
The post office is a service. It’s not supposed to be profitable in the same way the military isn’t supposed to be profitable.
They sure provide a piss poor service! Every time I go to the post office they act like I'm a burden on them trying to mail something.
Congress has been trying to hamstring and kill the USPS for a long time.
Too bad they didn't kill the USPS!
It’s hardly a fault of their own.
Their lack of efficiency is their fault. A perfect example is their express mail they don't move themselves because they are inefficient. Instead they rely on FedEx Express and UPS as well as the passenger carriers, depending on the routing, to move it for them. It's their fault.

I've been busy with work and didn't have time to check the news.

Why is the USPS bailout tied to the CV relief? It shouldn't be as USPS' issues are not a result of the CV nor are they new this decade.

They sure provide a piss poor service! Every time I go to the post office they act like I'm a burden on them trying to mail something.

Too bad they didn't kill the USPS!

Their lack of efficiency is their fault. A perfect example is their express mail they don't move themselves because they are inefficient. Instead they rely on FedEx Express and UPS as well as the passenger carriers, depending on the routing, to move it for them. It's their fault.

I like how you just gloss over the part where you asked for evidence and it was provided.

I agree that it shouldn’t HAVE to be tied to the covid relief bill, but we all know the senate and Mitch would never approve it on its own.

I like how you just gloss over the part where you asked for evidence and it was provided.
I didn't gloss over it. The bill hasn't even passed the senate so it's a non issue until it's on the President Trump's desk. Still, I didn't see anything where President Trump said he won't bail out the USPS to hurt mail in voting. From my read it says if the bill isn't passed they don't have the money for it. But until it passes the senate he can't sign off on it. Unless I misunderstood what I learned in my PoliSci classes.
I agree that it shouldn’t HAVE to be tied to the covid relief bill, but we all know the senate and Mitch would never approve it on its own.
I hope it doesn't get passed either way. Who would loan money to a failed business model?

You ever consider that might be because it isn't worthy of approval?

Latest Posts

Back