• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

USPS sucks

Freaking post office....it was only a few weeks stuck in limbo and they refund the buyer
A91C04A9-680F-43E4-993D-B467CAC2B1BC.png

Freaking post office....it was only a few weeks stuck in limbo and they refund the buyer View attachment 775318
A couple weeks ago, I had one jack of a buyer try and file for a refund less than 24 hours after the due date. Even though tracking was showing constant movement. It reached the buyer three day after the due date and I didn't have to refund anything. With what's going on with USPS, that felt more like an attempt to try scam. I blocked that buyer from future purchases.

Just like you, I had a couple packages that were really late and I was forced to give refunds. But in both instances, the buyers were happy that the glasses finally arrived and resent me back the payment. I consider myself really lucky considering all the nightmare stories I've been reading.

Just stuck, or no tracking number? So where's the item now? Still enroute to buyer?

Supposedly in route. Apparently providing tracking number is no longer proof anymore. I would have liked to submit a lost package claim prior to refunding it in case it arrived in between processing. This is the first time eBay overrode me and processed it without my choice.

Well this was a hilarious read. Good times listening to commie libs defend government inefficiency and ineptitude 🤣🤣
It really is funny! Democrats refuse to allow any kind of reforms that would make it more efficient. I see this in DOD as well. If a lot of the bureaucratic layers were eliminated it would be more efficient.

USPS is an indication of the government as a whole. Bloated, bureaucratic, run by a union, old and inefficient, not worried about costs because they don’t have to turn a profit. Are there some great and caring people that work for the USPS? Sure. But the system is not good. Anything the government does just costs so much extra and everyone wants their cut.

Solution: privatize the mail system.

It really is funny! Democrats refuse to allow any kind of reforms that would make it more efficient. I see this in DOD as well. If a lot of the bureaucratic layers were eliminated it would be more efficient.

USPS is an indication of the government as a whole. Bloated, bureaucratic, run by a union, old and inefficient, not worried about costs because they don’t have to turn a profit. Are there some great and caring people that work for the USPS? Sure. But the system is not good. Anything the government does just costs so much extra and everyone wants their cut.

I'm in 100% agreement! You've made very good logical points and articulated them quite well. As you can tell, it hasn't mattered to some here. Its astonishing to me how people still defend usps as a viable business structure. It obviously isn't working and hasn't in a very long time!

I'm in 100% agreement! You've made very good logical points and articulated them quite well. As you can tell, it hasn't mattered to some here. Its astonishing to me how people still defend usps as a viable business structure. It obviously isn't working and hasn't in a very long time!
Thanks! USPS isn't viable, and if FedEx or USPS ran their business the same way they would be gone before their first year. But why worry when the government will continue to bail you out! I only wish I had that option when I was a business owner before I made a career change on the civilian side.
Part of what is making USPS worse is an intentional work slow down since they can't strike. They don't like what President Trump is doing making them accountable for their never-ending $$$$ Money losing operation. The same thing happens with airline pilots and mechanics unions when they don't get their way.
The airline I work for has a large USPS contract because they don't provide their own airmail service, they have to rely on that of non-government companies. One day I went up to talk to a ramp manager after a flight who is an old friend and former coworker. I overheard a conversation he was having with the USPS person who oversees the trucks going to their sorting center who went on a five minute speech about how the service is President Trump's fault because he wouldn’t approve the $25B to bail them out.i can see one reason they loose so much money.
This is nothing new, it's just more obvious due to the added volume. Again, FedEx and UPS are able to handle it with little, if any, additional overtime from before the surge. USPS can not handle the added volume from online ordering. So if you can't handle your current volume , let's add mail in voting . Sounds like a total cluster &%$# from the start .
On a related note, does anyone know what happened to DHL? At one time I would get packages from within the US sent by them but now it seems to only be international. I see their jets, or more specifically the Jets their contracted airlines fly in DHL paint because like USPS DHL doesn't do their own airmail, everywhere but find it hard to believe they're full of international packages.

Private companies have unions, too. And, the USPS union is extremely weak anyhow. Almost not even there...

Back