• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Valentino Rossi Holbrook-Just In

thatoakleyguy

Oakley Expert
VA
So I know it's a stock picture, I'm just too lazy to take a pic right now. They look the same... my favorite is the bright bag. Kind of a signature thing of VR if you don't follow MotoGP.

Funny story with these... I saw him wearing them at the race at the end of July. So what's the first thing I do? Check the website. Nothing. Check online for a bunch of articles on how he's just signed with them as an ambassador.

Next step, call Oakley. The girl I got on the phone was really nice, but had no idea what I was talking about. I had her look up a pair on eBay so she could see they were real and I wasn't being fooled by some fakes. She then put me on hold for about 10 mins to check with someone else. Her response "They're only going to be sold in Europe, so if you want to get them and have the warranty, you'll need to get them from an authorized dealer."

This is all obvious to me, but she is then unable to find me a dealer who is selling them, but I can find them on eBay and other places that aren't authorized dealers.

Long story short, I was going to buy them off eBay about two weeks ago and thought I'd check one last time online. Bam! There there are, released in the USA. Just crazy that even the people over at Oakley didn't know anything about them.

cial-editions-signature-series-valentino-rossi-vr-46-holbrook-polished-black-warm-grey-back-view.jpg

I had been looking all over these as well, but was disappointed when that's what they came out with. The bag is cool, but that's it!

Back