• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value Of Jordan Mars

bawitheba

Oakley Expert
I have the opportunity to buy a set of Jordan mars. The one that liked like it had basketball leather wrapped around it. What are the current value of these glasses. I don't want to get ripped off buying a collector piece.

I'm assuming you are referring to these

http://www.o-review.com/glassesdetail.asp?ID=161

Dann from O-Review has a review of these on YouTube and mentions the numerous issues with not only this particular variation but the Mars in general. I personally think the value is dependent on how much you want them...I mean, for me I would pay $500 plus for an X Metal XX 24k if I didn't already own one because I love it that much....but are they worth that much? I don't think so.

I am also interested in picking up the Mars for my collection. Prices on Ebay are borderline ridiculous, plus I have insecurities regarding genuine product.

Is there a trustworthy source here that I could use to obtain a pair of these?

I have collected the mars for a while now. I actually just completed every model and color. The Jordan's vary wildly in price. Mostly it is due to their condition. I have 2 pairs, one that is new in the box and one that I wear. I would say that the price would vary heavily depending on condition. Because they are delicate, even if you wear them once the leather will get frayed and darken just by touching them. I have seen them go from 500-600 new with the box to 200-300 for used. If you are going to wear them I would not pay for a new one. Just make sure the lenses are good because they are pretty hard to find and also to hard to replace. The good news is that they are out there. The are not that uncommon unlike the emerald and ice. Real rubys with the red nose bombs are getting pretty scarce as well. I have also never seen a fake Mars. Just be careful and make sure the lenses are authentic Oakley.

Like they say, an item is worth what someone will pay for it. If you can sell one for 800 then that's what it's worth. If you are willing to part with 500 for one, then that's what it's worth (to you).

The practice of some ebay users and other "collectors" of charging ridiculous prices for rare pieces has gotten out of hand. Scalping is something I tend to frown upon because it hurts all true collectors. Selling or buying a rare item for a reasonable price is one thing, doing it for 4-5 times the retail is just absurd.

Latest Posts

Back