• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Much is my Oakley Watch Worth / Value Thread, Ask about Prices here

Sure, but this thread exists specifically to gather opinion on value based on what people are currently willing to pay.

I believe you are the one looking for a specific watch.... so what are you willing to pay for which can't be readily obtained anymore!!!

That's what it boils down to! Certain members on this forum can tell you it's worth X but if no one is willing to sell it for that price then good luck.

I prefer not overpaying for something if I can help it. Why not get opinion prior to committing if available? What's the purpose of this thread if not to provide opportunity to gather information?

Thanks for all your help on the matter.

I believe you are the one looking for a specific watch.... so what are you willing to pay for which can't be readily obtained anymore!!!

That's what it boils down to! Certain members on this forum can tell you it's worth X but if no one is willing to sell it for that price then good luck.
Even if you are looking for something specific it should never mean you are entitled to pay an arm and a leg. Yeah you can't go out and buy one at the O store but that doesn't mean anything. Prices will keep falling on these watches. Only a few are holding half there retail price.

Sure, but this thread exists specifically to gather opinion on value based on what people are currently willing to pay.
The price that I listed was based off of what I would expect to pay considering the rarity of the specific combo (stainless case/rubber strap). There is not an abundance of that combo readily available, and it requires a person to buy 2 watches in order to create that combo. I still feel $650 is a reasonable price for that watch, considering all factors.

Thanks for the clarifications @GH4AU.

Final thought on this coming from someone just getting into collecting watches but who's been collecting Oakley sunglasses & xmetals for quite some time. The issue I have is the notion that a custom watch would demand a premium over an original, whereas a custom xmetal rarely fetches the same price and is usually less desirable than an original. The conditions are the same IMO - less abundant combo not readily available. The logic doesn't add up for me.

Regardless, I appreciate everyone's input :)

I have this combo, left over from the blue with stainless custom. I have done several customs and doubt I increased their value. If I was selling I would probably return them to the original condition for an easier sale. Comparing custom X Metals may not work, since there were many made, many options and all parts could be swapped. The Double Taps were hard to get when they were released and disappeared quickly with all the coupons a discounts that were available. The Blue face was almost as hard to get as the stainless. Just my opinion, the $600-$650 isn't unreasonable.

Last edited:
I have this combo, left over from the blue with stainless custom. I have done several customs and doubt I increased their value. If I was selling I would probably return them to the original condition for an easier sale. Comparing custom X Metals may not work, since there were many made, many options and all parts could be swapped. The Double Taps were hard to get when they were released a disappeared quickly with all the coupons a discounts that were available. The Blue face was almost as hard to get as the stainless. Just my opinion, the $600-$650 isn't unreasonable.
Don't worry about returning your red MM or hand polished customs to original.... I will take them as is at your discounted price :)

Back