• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Much is my Oakley Watch Worth / Value Thread, Ask about Prices here

New here, so pardon me if I do not describe something correctly. I have 2 of the 10 total custom made BAPE "a bathing ape" prototype TimeBomb 10-001-A048xx serial with all paper work and both metal and paper outer box. Serial matches on one and a couple off on the other. watch . They never went into production. Not sure about any of the details for the other 7, (I know where 1 is) but they didn't ever make it for the public. I cannot find any reference to these anywhere online. I can send more photos if needed, but everything is the same as a standard watch, just the BAPE logo on the face. Any idea what they may be worth? Thanks.

IMG_4219.jpg

New here, so pardon me if I do not describe something correctly. I have 2 of the 10 total custom made BAPE "a bathing ape" prototype TimeBomb 10-001-A048xx serial with all paper work and both metal and paper outer box. Serial matches on one and a couple off on the other. watch . They never went into production. Not sure about any of the details for the other 7, (I know where 1 is) but they didn't ever make it for the public. I cannot find any reference to these anywhere online. I can send more photos if needed, but everything is the same as a standard watch, just the BAPE logo on the face. Any idea what they may be worth? Thanks.

View attachment 507344

Take more photos of it

The serial is a generic serial number . I don’t see it matching to your post. Am I missing a picture.
Yes, this is the one where the serial is a couple off from the box. The other one matches. The both say carbon fiber face but have the same smooth face with the logo on it. As I said, these were custom made prototypes so maybe they began life with carbon face and then were changed. I don't know much more than that about them. I do know they made 10, sequential serials from 4820 to 4830. I have #1 & #10

Yes, this is the one where the serial is a couple off from the box. The other one matches. The both say carbon fiber face but have the same smooth face with the logo on it. As I said, these were custom made prototypes so maybe they began life with carbon face and then were changed. I don't know much more than that about them.

It’s always interested to see different variations to Oakley prototypes. Cool watch. I’ve never seen this specific prototype. Without authenticity, it’s hard to verify it’s origin

To price them properly. Of course.

I’ll let others chime in

Last edited:
From appearances they aren't actually prototypes. They look like one-off marketing pieces. I haven't seen this particular version before but items like this pop up from time to time; apparently Oakley over the years has done a number of one-off logoed versions of their stock lines. None were ever intended for full production, instead they were either made by Oakley for a marketing event giveaway or commissioned by a 3rd party for their own purposes, internal gifts or fancy customer marketing giveaways. It's kinda like the websites that sell "batch of 1000 pens with YOUR logo on them!" only a fancy high-end version.

Value, finicky. Unfortunately the TB1 (and Oakley watches in general) command on average half or less of MSRP in the resell market. A standard TB1 in that condition and completeness could fetch up to $450. The uniqueness of this logoed one-off, it just depends on the right collector. For most of us, it's more a novelty than a value-add. Someone who does value this customization might pay up to 50% more than that, though they're unlikely to get that much back if they decide to turn it around.

View attachment 507344

I’d still be interested to buy. If your selling

What would a Holeshot SI Stealth Black LNIB go for? Is this one as common as other Holeshot colors? Thanks.

296089A6-48BC-4CED-9DD2-A03AC4E78A4C.png

C0071C05-61FB-4F69-82E2-40331F1920AA.png

1B4CCF25-4BF1-45CE-A37D-1935DA02D197.png 986ADFAA-C953-4DA8-93E5-B85CD406C1EC.png 2BE58B07-9E36-408B-8BBF-75CC870F8A74.png

Latest Posts

Back