• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
G'day guys, just trying to work out ball park figure on a pair of Romeo 1's in the X-Metal frame. Frame is in good condition, I'd say 8/10. It has a one small mark on the top and some smaller ones on one of the orbital part of the arms. Needs some new washers in the arms, and could probably use some new gaskets. Original lenses, they have spider cracks, and a bit of scratching. Can be worn, but I'd say 4/10 to be honest. Rubber is in good condition still.

Serial is 25799 not that it matters.

G'day guys, just trying to work out ball park figure on a pair of Romeo 1's in the X-Metal frame. Frame is in good condition, I'd say 8/10. It has a one small mark on the top and some smaller ones on one of the orbital part of the arms. Needs some new washers in the arms, and could probably use some new gaskets. Original lenses, they have spider cracks, and a bit of scratching. Can be worn, but I'd say 4/10 to be honest. Rubber is in good condition still.

Serial is 25799 not that it matters.
Around $500 is typical for a frame without good lenses.

That's a little low IMO. $550 - $600.
With the need of gaskets and with 4/10 lenses?
I may bump up to $550, but not $600. (Based on description)
You'd have to put money into the rubber and lenses and I've seen and purchased really nice frames with good rubber and lenses for $600 to $630. (Now, this is XM finish - Plasma changes everything)

With the need of gaskets and with 4/10 lenses?
I may bump up to $550, but not $600. (Based on description)
You'd have to put money into the rubber and lenses and I've seen and purchased really nice frames with good rubber and lenses for $600 to $630. (Now, this is XM finish - Plasma changes everything)

You have to watch out for using "good deal" (or great deal) pricing as FMV, aka the "dingopricing" phenomena. There may have been good deals for nice frames with good rubber and lenses in the $600 - $630 range, but there's also been plenty like that in the $700+ range. FMV is an average across a large sample, not the entry level price or the price a deal hunter is willing to pay.

Last edited:
You have to watch out for using "good deal" ( or great deal) pricing as FMV, aka the "dingopricing" phenomena. There may have been good deals for nice frames with good rubber and lenses in the $600 - $630 range, but there's also been plenty like that in the $700+ range. FMV is an average across a large sample, not the entry level price or the price a deal hunter is willing to pay.
Fair enough...

Thanks for the figures, guys.

I know it'd probably worth a bit more if I had new gaskets and washers. Unfortunately the cost of getting those parts with the exchange rate and shipping wouldn't really net me a whole lot more should I sell.

Back