• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Valve vs straight jacket vs fives

05legacygt

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,
How do the size of the valves compare to the size of fives 3.0 and the newer straight jacket. I ordered a pair of valves at lenscrafters, but now worried they might be too big for my face. The straight jacket fits about perfect as well as the fives, which look smaller but still okay. Does anyone have the valves and one of these two pairs and can give a good size comparison?
Thanks

I have a valve and several fives squared (which I think is similar). The valve is bigger, but not a big frame. It is smaller than many of the O-matter frames like a Fuel Cell or Antix. If the fives is a little small but still fits, I'd guess you will be ok with a valve. It will be bigger, but should still work.

Valve is the biggest. its not very wide, but it has a deeper lens, for longer faces. The Straight jacket would be next. It actually fits slightly wider than the valve but the lens is not nearly as deep. Smallest is the Fives squared or 3.0. I feel they all fit medium faces pretty well. The only problem would be the width on the Valve and the Fives if you have a particularly wide face. hope this helps and did not confuse you further.

I have a valve and a multiple pairs of Fives Squared and 3.0. If the Fives fit you but seem a little small looking than the Valve will most likely fit pretty well. Especially if your face is a little longer. The Fives probably look smaller due to the depth of the lens.

Valve is the biggest. its not very wide, but it has a deeper lens, for longer faces. The Straight jacket would be next. It actually fits slightly wider than the valve but the lens is not nearly as deep. Smallest is the Fives squared or 3.0. I feel they all fit medium faces pretty well. The only problem would be the width on the Valve and the Fives if you have a particularly wide face. hope this helps and did not confuse you further.

No that was very helpful! When you say the lenses are deep, is that referring to the height of the lenses though? I feel like I can see the bottom of the frames on my fives too much so I think the valves will work well. I would say I have a longer face and the width was not a problem at all.

You're going to think I'm stupid, but I actually tried on the valves but I didn't pay much attention to the size and how they even looked on my face. I was just excited about getting a new pair of oaks I guess. It's been 3+ years since I've had a new pair. I was more impressed by the comfort of the valve and the wrap around fit and I loved the matte gray smoke color of the frame. As I was researching them, they seemed a lot bigger than the fives and straight jacket I already have, but now I think they will be great.

Latest Posts

Back