• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vault Ethics

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ
I just stopped by my local vault to inquire about ichiro radars that people are finding. Three of the guys that work there I've talked to seemed pretty cool and are collectors. I asked one of them about ichiros and he said that they got them in and they all bought them. I was talking to an employee at an O store and he said he's bummed sometimes because he has to wait until the store closes until he can buy things. Is it the same deal for vault employees? I visit this vault regularly and haven't seen any ichiros on the shelves. I was bummed to learn that now I have a slim to none chance of finding rare items at my vault.

I know just what you mean, I was at the Vault in Vegas and same thing happened there. I was told by one of the employees there that they had 6 of the Blue Frost Ichiros and one employee bought them all. He said they try to convince him the leave a few, but he still bought them all.

That kinda sucks. Oakley should have rules against employees snaking all of them because you know that guy who bought all 6 Frost Ichiros are just gonna flip them on Ebay or CL.

I know they already have rules about employees purchasing from the employee store and also if they find out they resell them, it could be grounds for termination.

Oakley doesn't want to be undersold by their own employees.

That kinda sucks. Oakley should have rules against employees snaking all of them because you know that guy who bought all 6 Frost Ichiros are just gonna flip them on Ebay or CL.

I know they already have rules about employees purchasing from the employee store and also if they find out they resell them, it could be grounds for termination.

Oakley doesn't want to be undersold by their own employees.

From what I hear, employees are limited to 10 pairs a year with their discount.

Customers are allowed to make purchases up to 10 exact duplicate items in one purchase. I believe anything over 3 duplicate items, they must sign a photocopied legal agreement they will not resell the item for profit under any circumstance.

I can understand getting one or maybe 2 pair of the same thing. But 6 of the same thing?!?!?!?

We do have restriction lists. As far as employees getting first dibs, that's just too bad.

In all seriousness, this kind of thing happens in retail all the time, regardless of the item being sold.
The ladies in your wife's local shoe shop will put aside a pair of those lovely new DKNY heels when they open the delivery box in the morning, etc etc.

Perhaps it is a bit much to say that you should stop an employee picking up a pair (or two) for personal use - it's a perk of any retail job - but I think the example above of the guy buying 6 identical pairs is clearly for resale/scalping purposes, and his manager should have stopped it happening.

Just my $0.02

In all seriousness, this kind of thing happens in retail all the time, regardless of the item being sold.
The ladies in your wife's local shoe shop will put aside a pair of those lovely new DKNY heels when they open the delivery box in the morning, etc etc.

Perhaps it is a bit much to say that you should stop an employee picking up a pair (or two) for personal use - it's a perk of any retail job - but I think the example above of the guy buying 6 identical pairs is clearly for resale/scalping purposes, and his manager should have stopped it happening.

Just my $0.02

That's how i feel. I'm not saying employees shouldn't get perks, but at the same time they shouldn't be allowed to abuse it. I know it happens and it's a shame and not only does it hurt the consumer, but it hurts the company as a whole.

In the end i doubt it would matter. Even if you restrict an employee to let's say 2 pairs for a limited edition pairs, who says you can't pool together a store of 6 employees + manager to help one or two employee's buy them all out?

We're all just in here ranting about something that isn't going to stop.

Latest Posts

Back