• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vault guy told me that Oakley is going to only PRIZM lenses

That was the first I have heard of it but it definitely seems possible. Oakley is the only company that offers the variety of lenses that they already do now, and now with all of the new prizm options it seems like it's a bit much.
It would seem possible, if Prizm wasn't about targeted contrast. They've already compromised that with daily Prizm polar but producing a neutral Prizm is just too counter-intuitive. That said, who knows with Oakley!

One thing that's still missing from the Prizm line is a set of hard numbers and schematics that explain the transmission levels and targeted colors.

"Baseball Outfield" works for the outfield, but why, and what does that mean it also works for?

Y'all are overlooking some amazing. If they do phase out all other lenses with the exception of Prizm, then they are going to mark down all the other lenses to get rid of them. Then we get to swoop in and get great prices :D

That was the first I have heard of it but it definitely seems possible. Oakley is the only company that offers the variety of lenses that they already do now, and now with all of the new prizm options it seems like it's a bit much.
true

One thing that's still missing from the Prizm line is a set of hard numbers and schematics that explain the transmission levels and targeted colors.

"Baseball Outfield" works for the outfield, but why, and what does that mean it also works for?
it is designed to make the ball easier to pick up when looking into the sky. The infield lens is designed to see the ball better on ground balls.

The light transmission numbers are published somewhere. Which ones are you looking for?

it is designed to make the ball easier to pick up when looking into the sky. The infield lens is designed to see the ball better on ground balls.

The light transmission numbers are published somewhere. Which ones are you looking for?
Right, but why and/or how? By that logic outfield should be darker?

I think if they said "Baseball outfield! Tuned for the white of the ball while filtering and muting blues of the sky" and specifically called out the colors they're targeting it would help others pick a lens for other activities, or know if there's a lens that will be do-all for them. Even if they gave us the graph of the spectrum transmission levels for Prizm tints.

Most of the new lenses don't have published transmission rates, though. All of the new polarized colors - chrome, sapphire, etc.

I doubt they will only have Prizm lense, its much too expensive for the lower priced shades. Changing out color ways maybe but not completely replace the existing setup with Prizm.

chances are if the board member heard it. We have give or take 2 years before news comes to pass. I heard the same about X-metals and laughed it off. But then taking into account price of metal and all it costs Oak to make them. It was a steal off bay for 200 a pop for Juliets.
I suspect polarized lenses price will go up due to rareity but then again Oak is coming out with newer frames that sport prizim lenses only.

Back