• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vault Staff

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
It's a shame that a lot of the vault staff i've come across really don't seem to give a ****.

There is one guy at the local vault who, while discussing the x metal discontinuation, said "All the nerds on the internet complain about it, but really they are just crappy glasses".

Not wanting to be banned from the premises I had to leave before I punched him.

Has anyone else noticed a serious lack in quality staff? Or are my experiences isolated?

I have never made it around to a Vault yet but there is one about 1 hour & 15 mins from me that I plan on going to soon. I hope my first experience isn't like the one you encountered. In retail it seems like it goes both ends of the spectrum - those who really go all out for the customer and those who are just collecting a paycheck. I have a regular O store near me and the people there are always great.

The ones close to me seem excited about oakleys in general and when I went in with my ichiro xx clone they all commented on them and talked about the x metal line.

The last time I went to the vault I was helped by a kid who looked about 16 or 17 and I was looking at the Jupiter Camo frogskins. He told me they were super rare and were going for $400-500 online. Considering the $89 price tag on them and the fact they had quite a few in stock I was surprised he hadn't bought them all to scalp them and make it rich. I simply shook my head and walked away.

I know a lot of people have complained on here about Vault employees, but has anyone thought of ever talking to the store manager when you've been in this position?

If you tell the store manager your opinion on the associates they've hired, most of the time they will listen and probably do some training or one on one with that person to get them educated.

said "All the nerds on the internet complain about it, but really they are just crappy glasses".

BAHAHAHA! Hilarious! I had a person sell me a spine case for 50$ one time and he told me..."Its just a crappy display case, I dont see the value" I laughed and thank god for stupid people...lol

haha yeah most vault staff ive seen have been rather uneducated in the product. the only decent one i experienced was a girl in the sydney vault who actually could tell my livestrong radar was a custom (matte black frame, lemon peel rubbers).

outside of that, most oakley store staff ive seen are under 20yo hipsters with a pair of frogskins dangling on their lanyard, and when you say youre a collector, ask you if youve got the whole blacklight series yet.

im yet to meet an o staff who've actually recognised when i wear a romeo1 into the store, or my JulieX..

i mean, the first penny i sent for a tuneup, the vault guy insisted it was a juliet, until i went through and pointed out the differences (yes, he walked over to his case to pull a juliet out for a side by side..)

oh well.

You actually wear your Romeo 1.0's? :O

haha yeah, i do. its a nice snug fit and if you wear it the same way as when you are careful with juliets (slide it over the top of the head), there is no way the lenses will start stress cracking. its the Xmetal version so the frame wont discolor or anything as well. ive got a spare set of gaskets in stock so i can rebuild them if i need, although i dont think that will be for many years to come..

Back