• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vaults

the piper

I should Work at Oakley
CT
Is it only on east coast or have Vaults become indistinguishable from O stores...I have been to 1 in Mass and 1 in Maine in past 2 months and they were all just discontinued neon apparel, OCP with horrible selection and very little D/E at all...It was Crankcases and Batwolfs and things like that for stock...I am going back 7 or 8 years when it was like being a kid in a candy store ...with out going on a Lux rant I'd like to know if this is only this region or the state of things...Our O store in Farmington kills the local Vaults now for helpfulness, knowledge and working with the customer as best they can. I know these are just summer jobs in Maine but how can someone not know what a Minute or Monster Pup is? I dont own 1 X metal but Juliet Penny, Romeo 1 and 2 and other wires- A wire Cwire I know most of them just from browsing the store ...oh and FYI according to 2 employees at 1 store Oakley only made 4 lenses for latest SJ....The Titanium and Emerald...never existed......I was as pleasant as could be but even my wife who is not an oakley fan said that it looked like a smalller regular store with hideous shorts that I guess were for guys and an OCP section where the displays were about all they have at a given time.

There are two vaults in PA which is were I am from and ours are definitly not the way they use to be either. They carry all the current styles of glasses as well as the full line of watches. In the past they would get discontinued watches at great prices and that almost never happens anymore. I am always able to find clothes at good prices that I like though and I am fairly picky about clothes. That being said they always have a large selection of DE glasses still. They do not get the older stuff anymore but I have found split jackets, Radars, several discontinued artist or limited release pairs at great prices. I remeber a few years ago when you could walk in and choose from over a dozen differant x metal models for less than 200 dollars a pair or a bunch of discontinued older frames for next to nothing. It definitly isnt like that anymore but I still always enjoy trips to the vaults near me.

Going to the Chicago vault today. It's pretty regular but well see what they have I guess. No one there really seems to know much about anything either

There are a few and I mean a few vaults that I go into that have some good stuff. Out of that few, I only know of 1 vault that I can always find something good. It's hit or miss with some of them.

Is it only on east coast or have Vaults become indistinguishable from O stores...I have been to 1 in Mass and 1 in Maine in past 2 months and they were all just discontinued neon apparel, OCP with horrible selection and very little D/E at all...It was Crankcases and Batwolfs and things like that for stock...I am going back 7 or 8 years when it was like being a kid in a candy store ...with out going on a Lux rant I'd like to know if this is only this region or the state of things...Our O store in Farmington kills the local Vaults now for helpfulness, knowledge and working with the customer as best they can. I know these are just summer jobs in Maine but how can someone not know what a Minute or Monster Pup is? I dont own 1 X metal but Juliet Penny, Romeo 1 and 2 and other wires- A wire Cwire I know most of them just from browsing the store ...oh and FYI according to 2 employees at 1 store Oakley only made 4 lenses for latest SJ....The Titanium and Emerald...never existed......I was as pleasant as could be but even my wife who is not an oakley fan said that it looked like a smalller regular store with hideous shorts that I guess were for guys and an OCP section where the displays were about all they have at a given time.

I take it you went to the Freeport store?

Yup so i was forewarned...but I just couldnt believe even the new OCP selection was so limited beyond display...

I am going to be up there again in 2 weeks and I will go back. My wife likes to go shopping up there....so while I am there I will stop in. The good news is, is that I am in the market for a pair of Jawbones...and they had some on sale when I was there last month. Soooo......they may have something for me.

Have you ever been to a Sunglass store (don't remember the name) in York. My understanding is they have a pretty good selection, but nothing on sale. I am not sure if I would go there or not as we don't ever go to York. But, if it were decent, I would take a drive there and see what it's about.

Went to Chicago premium outlets instead. Bought some fonseca antix and ended up meeting OBlazer lol. Pretty nice stuff there too

Yes theres a good one in York but better one in Ogunquit with a super O fanatic there He had some rare Oil Rigs and Frogs Sorry I do not know which ones as they are not my style but I talked to him about 45 minutes....I'll look for the card ...itsnear parking lot and mexican restaurant...He wants to be a designer for O and was getting a Pit Boss in a couple days...he used to work at the York one which isacross from Native American store around corner from Parking lot but is in Ogunquit now...kind of messed up he wasnt working at Vault...also friend from Farmington store opened Vault on way up in New Hampshire Merrimac NH but did not stop as I am broke after whale watches and a whole lotta lobster dinners

I think I may have been to the store you are referring to in Ogunquit. I actually my make the trip to the Merrimac store if we have a rainy day (we usually do our day/shopping trips) when it is raining or cloudy. Maybe I will check out the store in York....but that would be my only reason for heading down that way.

Latest Posts

Back