• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vented Lenses?

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
I have never owned a pair of Vented Lenses..

Are they vented to the point that the light coming through the holes could be bothersome? What are some benefits of the vented lenses?

These would be for a split jacket

Vented lenses are less prone to fogging as the warm, moist air from sweating isn't trapped behind the lens as easily.

Depending on where the vent is and how the glasses fit, they will let the sun through. The Split Jacket vents are pretty small, so if the frames sit closer to your face they may not present a problem at all.

When wearing the glasses can you see the frame? If not you should be fine. If so, can you see the top?

Vented lenses are less prone to fogging as the warm, moist air from sweating isn't trapped behind the lens as easily.

Depending on where the vent is and how the glasses fit, they will let the sun through. The Split Jacket vents are pretty small, so if the frames sit closer to your face they may not present a problem at all.

When wearing the glasses can you see the frame? If not you should be fine. If so, can you see the top?

I can see the bottom of the frame while looking straight ahead.. I can only see the Top of the frame if I look upwards, not a typical way I would be looking through the glasses..

I had to use the larger nose bombs so the bottom frame would not be resting on my face, there is a space from the frame to my face at the top, so I am not sure if the vented would be an issue or not.

EDIT: Also with the Vents, I like the idea of helping with the fogging due to moisture from sweating..

As rustpot said they are for fog. If you like the vents I would recommend to try the jawbones if the split jackets are to small. I would say I have a medium sized face so the vents on the jawbones don't bother me at all. I have not yet tried on a pair of split jackets though. To me I get them because they look different than the normal

I think the vents might be fine, I have just never have a vented lens in any of my Oakley's

the Splits do fit my face fairly well

2011-11-23_15-57-55_132.jpg

Back