• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Venting thread of 'Re-Release' BS..

frankly i dont mind the rerelease at all, i bought 1 pair from it and ended up returning it, but even if they did release the neon yellows again they wouldnt be the 1st release rare limited edition it would just be a chance for everyone who has always wanted some neon to get a pair, and it wouldnt really affect the value of a 1st edition neon that much because frogskins will always be collectible and us frogskin guys like original and rare. and its not the rerelease to blame for dropping of prices, the market changes all the time

I am all for them rereleasing as long as it includes the EyeJackets... They are my first love with Oakley and I would love to have a shot at a few colors I didn't have the cash for back then

And I wouldn't complain too much about a rerelease of R1's... :rolleyes:

I was referring just to the rerelease of Frogskins but some Romeo 1 would be cool!

frankly i dont mind the rerelease at all, i bought 1 pair from it and ended up returning it, but even if they did release the neon yellows again they wouldnt be the 1st release rare limited edition it would just be a chance for everyone who has always wanted some neon to get a pair, and it wouldnt really affect the value of a 1st edition neon that much because frogskins will always be collectible and us frogskin guys like original and rare. and its not the rerelease to blame for dropping of prices, the market changes all the time

To each their own...Its not like Oakley is rereleasing things to f*ck with us..i mean they can't control the aftermarket sales or price ranges they just control their own sales so i feel its unnecessary for people to complain to Oakley about "destroying the value of 'RARE' Frogskins" The value is about $15 at most to make.

personally i think they should do another yellow, maybe lighter than the neon that everyone loves so the collector value would no doubt still be there, and then there would be 3 yellows, the new rerelease, the neon, and the school bus, it would make the people who want a rerelease done of it happy, the people who dont would be happy because its different. (i am in no way saying thats what oakley is going to do, i just think they should)

My whole point was the ones they rereleased were basic colors that were already like the fuel cell, holbrook, dispatch 1, etc. Black, white, clear, root beer should be all of the rereleases IMO.

Back