• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Very cool square wires....

XxRuMKaxX

I Should Work at M-Experiment
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Up to this point I have only ever bought one other wire frame and then avoided them like the plague but this SUPER COOL Square wire Gen 1 came up today and in all my years of looking at Oakley if I ever saw a pair like em I do not remember. Leather Wrapped, Seller says lenses have a slight delam but otherwise they look really clean. No Box unfortunately. Tell me about them please.... Numbers made? Loose Value? Anything cool about them. Wire frames are an area I have 0 knowledge of history and value.... I did find them at O Forum before purchasing and see they sold for $180 new way back when.....
1639943131492.png

1639943153743.png

Up to this point I have only ever bought one other wire frame and then avoided them like the plague but this SUPER COOL Square wire Gen 1 came up today and in all my years of looking at Oakley if I ever saw a pair like em I do not remember. Leather Wrapped, Seller says lenses have a slight delam but otherwise they look really clean. No Box unfortunately. Tell me about them please.... Numbers made? Loose Value? Anything cool about them. Wire frames are an area I have 0 knowledge of history and value.... I did find them at O Forum before purchasing and see they sold for $180 new way back when..... View attachment 925179
View attachment 925180
I bought a pair back last year as a gift for a friend. Mint condition, no delaminating with original lenses. Paid 120 for them. Nice pair for sure

I bought a pair back last year as a gift for a friend. Mint condition, no delaminating with original lenses. Paid 120 for them. Nice pair for sure
I paid full price then but the uniqueness and cool factor is worth it! Now watch.... I will have to have everything Oakley ever leather wrapped. The addiction keeps sprouting new branches....

Dang! At the kind of price I like grabbing at to!!!! So there are a few around I take it ... not a super limited run or anything?
No, not really. There is one on eBay still from the UK, that I put details up for a short while ago. They are quite limited.

Up to this point I have only ever bought one other wire frame and then avoided them like the plague but this SUPER COOL Square wire Gen 1 came up today and in all my years of looking at Oakley if I ever saw a pair like em I do not remember. Leather Wrapped, Seller says lenses have a slight delam but otherwise they look really clean. No Box unfortunately. Tell me about them please.... Numbers made? Loose Value? Anything cool about them. Wire frames are an area I have 0 knowledge of history and value.... I did find them at O Forum before purchasing and see they sold for $180 new way back when..... View attachment 925179
View attachment 925180
That colorway is my one and only Gen. 1 Square wire. Welcome to the club!
16399705813113845846181888172883.jpg

Back