• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Very Old Frames

tcharp

Oakley Beginner
So, I recently took one of my old pairs of Oakleys to an optics shop that works with them, but I was told that this particular set of frames was too old to get new lenses made for them. I was further told that bifocals with lines in them were no longer available.

Can anyone verify if these two things are true?
Attached is the only data I can find printed on the frames.

Thanks in advance,

TC Harp

20211124_111359.jpg

Oakley tens, made in 2010 according to o-review. They would be to old to get Oakley lenses but you could get aftermarket or some custom cut. As far as bi I don't think they did but rx is beyond my knowledge

Oakley tens, made in 2010 according to o-review. They would be to old to get Oakley lenses but you could get aftermarket or some custom cut. As far as bi I don't think they did but rx is beyond my knowledge
Yes, so I have 3 pairs (the other 2 pairs are newer than these) that all have bifocals with lines in them. It is looking as if I am out of luck on that issue, however. I have had these very old ones to 2 different optics shops and been told the same thing, No Dice. I guess I'm just out of luck on those. It sort of breaks my heart. These are great glasses, but the prescription in those lenses is way off for my old eyes.

Thank you, sir.

Welcome.
Go to other opticians until you find one that is capable custom cutting lenses for this particular model. The first 5 o. 6 opticians told me they can’t cut progressive lenses for my O3 frame.
The last one said no problem.
Bingo

Yes, so I have 3 pairs (the other 2 pairs are newer than these) that all have bifocals with lines in them. It is looking as if I am out of luck on that issue, however. I have had these very old ones to 2 different optics shops and been told the same thing, No Dice. I guess I'm just out of luck on those. It sort of breaks my heart. These are great glasses, but the prescription in those lenses is way off for my old eyes.

Thank you, sir.
Weird. Most places should let you do what you need. I probably would. But you'd agree to a disclaimer regarding damage during processing. Limiting liability on the opticians part.

Latest Posts

Back