• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Very Sad Day for my favorite Juliets

NCHornet

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I am a type 1 diabetic and glasses are very important, polarized is a must. Last year I bought a pair of Juliets and sent them to Mark for his magic. I wasn't disappointed he did a fantastic job. They became my favorite glasses. A couple weeks after getting them back from Mark my son came home on leave and asked if he could borrow my shades while he was home. Sure, but if you so much as put a mark on them there will be hell to pay, lol!!!! When he left, my Juliets disappeared, nobody could find them. I searched every where for 2 or 3 weeks. One day I was driving down my long gravel driveway and saw a reflection that shouldn't be there. Yep, it was my Juliets. My son put them on the toolbox of my 1 ton dually and forgot about them. Later while going down the driveway they must have slid off and they were crushed by the rear tires. Who knows how many times they were run over before I found them. This happened about a year ago, I have been gettin by with my old RayBans, but I sure missed my Juliets. I finally got some cash put away to get another pair. I thought about sending them to Mark and ask if he could fix them as a joke, but it just isn't funny. Amazingly the stems still appear to be straight, how that happened I have no idea. I know this is a strange request and a long shot but if anyone has a pair of Juliets they would like to part with for a fair price let me know. It seems like prices have gone up in the last year by looking at what they are asking on Ebay. I would prefer buying from a forum member anyway. I was hoping to find a pair in the $200 to $250 range, if possible. I don't care to much about color, or even lenses. I still have new polarized lenses that I had for this pair. It's good to be back on the forum and looking at all of the awesome pics of the shades many of you have. I have learned a lot from y'all and I appreciate that. Take care
NCH
Juliets.jpg

I am a type 1 diabetic and glasses are very important, polarized is a must. Last year I bought a pair of Juliets and sent them to Mark for his magic. I wasn't disappointed he did a fantastic job. They became my favorite glasses. A couple weeks after getting them back from Mark my son came home on leave and asked if he could borrow my shades while he was home. Sure, but if you so much as put a mark on them there will be hell to pay, lol!!!! When he left, my Juliets disappeared, nobody could find them. I searched every where for 2 or 3 weeks. One day I was driving down my long gravel driveway and saw a reflection that shouldn't be there. Yep, it was my Juliets. My son put them on the toolbox of my 1 ton dually and forgot about them. Later while going down the driveway they must have slid off and they were crushed by the rear tires. Who knows how many times they were run over before I found them. This happened about a year ago, I have been gettin by with my old RayBans, but I sure missed my Juliets. I finally got some cash put away to get another pair. I thought about sending them to Mark and ask if he could fix them as a joke, but it just isn't funny. Amazingly the stems still appear to be straight, how that happened I have no idea. I know this is a strange request and a long shot but if anyone has a pair of Juliets they would like to part with for a fair price let me know. It seems like prices have gone up in the last year by looking at what they are asking on Ebay. I would prefer buying from a forum member anyway. I was hoping to find a pair in the $200 to $250 range, if possible. I don't care to much about color, or even lenses. I still have new polarized lenses that I had for this pair. It's good to be back on the forum and looking at all of the awesome pics of the shades many of you have. I have learned a lot from y'all and I appreciate that. Take care
NCHView attachment 281762

poor juliets.... hoping someone could help you around here bro!!

Thanks, yeah I was heart broken, lol!!!!! If I don't have good shades I get headaches and I squint real bad. My eye doc said having diabetes and blue eyes is double trouble. He said Blue eyes are a lot more sensitive to bright sun than other colors. I am pretty anal about taking care of my stuff, it still hurts to look at that pic, lol!!!!

Sorry for your loss bro. Juliets pop up here all the time in that price range. Don't think it will be hard to find a set. Also, can't tell from your pics, but maybe the rubber is still good?

Kronin323, sorry, but I don't know what your reply means or what I am suppose to do with it, lol!!!!!

Thanks for all the replies, especially yours Mark. I have no use for the ear stems, they still appear to be totally usable, and the nose piece maybe too. I am sure there's a good chance that I am going to buy a pair that will need your tightening magic done and maybe even a refinish. When I send them into you, I will ship you all the pieces, and whatever you want to do is fine with me, like I said I have no use for them.

Yes, the rubbers and the lenses were brand new, lenses are trash but the rubbers still maybe usable? I was looking at the Linegear website and the same blue color that I like has been out of stock for quite awhile now. Even Ebay didn't show any except the sky blue which is more of a baby blue, not what I'm after. Late last night I was bored and was cruising Ebay and found a new listing for a complete blue set, so I have those on order already. I hope I can find something I can afford, it seems when they go up at that price you have act fast, seems I'm always a day late, lol!!!!! Thanks again to everyone.
NCH

Sorry for the incident. I am sure you can get a beater for 200 range and a very good condition for 250-300. Juliets are everywhere and are not hard to find.

Kronin323, sorry, but I don't know what your reply means or what I am suppose to do with it, lol!!!!!

Thanks for all the replies, especially yours Mark. I have no use for the ear stems, they still appear to be totally usable, and the nose piece maybe too. I am sure there's a good chance that I am going to buy a pair that will need your tightening magic done and maybe even a refinish. When I send them into you, I will ship you all the pieces, and whatever you want to do is fine with me, like I said I have no use for them.

Yes, the rubbers and the lenses were brand new, lenses are trash but the rubbers still maybe usable? I was looking at the Linegear website and the same blue color that I like has been out of stock for quite awhile now. Even Ebay didn't show any except the sky blue which is more of a baby blue, not what I'm after. Late last night I was bored and was cruising Ebay and found a new listing for a complete blue set, so I have those on order already. I hope I can find something I can afford, it seems when they go up at that price you have act fast, seems I'm always a day late, lol!!!!! Thanks again to everyone.
NCH
Jdd32 is a member that can fix titaniums contact him for an advice. If not sell em to xman for parts and add it towards a new purchase.

Back