• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Very Sad Day for my favorite Juliets

Kronin323, sorry, but I don't know what your reply means or what I am suppose to do with it, lol!!!!!

Thanks for all the replies, especially yours Mark. I have no use for the ear stems, they still appear to be totally usable, and the nose piece maybe too. I am sure there's a good chance that I am going to buy a pair that will need your tightening magic done and maybe even a refinish. When I send them into you, I will ship you all the pieces, and whatever you want to do is fine with me, like I said I have no use for them.

Yes, the rubbers and the lenses were brand new, lenses are trash but the rubbers still maybe usable? I was looking at the Linegear website and the same blue color that I like has been out of stock for quite awhile now. Even Ebay didn't show any except the sky blue which is more of a baby blue, not what I'm after. Late last night I was bored and was cruising Ebay and found a new listing for a complete blue set, so I have those on order already. I hope I can find something I can afford, it seems when they go up at that price you have act fast, seems I'm always a day late, lol!!!!! Thanks again to everyone.
NCH
@jdd32 is a miracle worker. He can fix almost anything to look better than new again!!
But those might be best as spare parts and find another pair. Sorry for your loss.

Yeah the only piece that broke was where the ear stem attaches and I have the small piece. But the orbitals look like they would need a fair amount of work. I think before I put any more money into trying to fix these, it may be better for me to buy a pair off the forum and know what I have. I am sure you do fantastic work, but I am so anal about my crap I would be wondering if this was the day the ear stem was going to fall off, lol!!!! I am sure whatever I find will need some work and if Mark can use the pieces it's a win win. I have found a couple in the X Metal exchange, just waiting to hear back from the owner. That is one thing I love about this forum and it's members. By what I saw on Ebay it looked like the Juliets had shot way up in value. I even found a pair on Craigslist that were asking high prices for and they were comparing their prices to what the people on Ebay are asking. But most of the members here ask a fair price for what they have and they aren't out to rob anyone. I would give my money to people like that any day. I also realize there are a few in every crowd that go against the grain, but compared to the others, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who they are. Thanks for all the replies and the help that y'all have provided already.
NCH

Sorry about your Julies buddy, I'm sure you can get them either repaired (jdd!) or pickup a replacement pair in here for a great number. ;)

Damn. Damn. DAMN

Have you smacked your son upside the head yet?

That really sucks man.

I think @jdd32 may be one option to try to repair as he has repaired a pair or two before.

And @THE X-MAN can always buy them off you as he said to offset the cost of another pair.

Yeah, upon reading your story I expected them to be totally squashed but they really don't look too bad except for that one break. Jdd's repaired worse but at the moment of my 1st post I didn't have time to explain all that, so my reply was tagging the guy who could do the work. Besides, I didn't want to get hopes up speaking for someone else; better to let them speak for themselves.

But IMO, for your use-case I think having that pair repaired with the cool durability story to go along with it is worth personally more than some random replacement pair... explore the options...

Latest Posts

Back