• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Very Special Radarlocks + Custom FJs

MarcelN

Oakley Expert
On Monday I got my Olympic Radarlocks. Finally got some time to take better pictures.

As some of you might know, this stuff is really rare. They were only available to the Olympic athletes during 2012 London OG and possibly during the last event in Sochi. I got the matte retina burn and matte team green frame. Both are Edge versions, but the fit is almost the same as the regular version. I also got H.I.Persimmon Path lens and Ruby phtochromic Pitch lens.

Matte Retina Burn - the color might look a bit darker in the pictures than the standard retina, but it's camera fault and lacks of sun. It's just like a standard retina in a direct sunlight, altough might appear not as bright as regular retina in the darker environment, thanks to it's matte finish and not gloss.
NpqekPH.jpg

LhNyKxx.jpg

IbZzpAh.jpg

Matte Team Green - I have customised this set with red earsocks and red iridium lens. Looks stunning in real life (the green is a bit brighter).

hLLWXHc.jpg

dTaNCoW.jpg

HI Persimmon lens ended in my old pair of Matte Black Ink Radarlocks. Lovely pair:

1vdQ1sQ.jpg

Custom Fast Jacket - Team Cardinal with Blue Iridium lens - got this pair few weekes ago:

FkKy2wp.jpg

My current lineup of sports specific frames looks this:

A9erVG4.jpg

Here's my complete list of sports frames and lenses:

Fast Jackets frames:
Polished White
Custom Team Cardinal

lenses:
Blue Iridium
Clear/black Photochromic
Grey XL

Radarlock frames:
Matte Black Ink
Matte Retina Burn OG Special
Matte Team Green OG Special

lenses:
Clear Path
G40 Path
HI Persimmon Path
Red Iridium Path
OG Special Fire Pitch

Last edited:
On Monday I got my Olympic Radarlocks. Finally got some time to take better pictures. First of all I'd like to say thanks to user Jummeltje once again. It was a pleasure to make this deal with him with very fast communication, pictures of items and fast shipping time.

As some of you might know, this stuff is really rare. They were only available to the Olympic athletes during 2012 London OG and possibly during the last event in Sochi. I got the matte retina burn and matte team green frame. Both are Edge versions, but the fit is almost the same as the regular version. I also got H.I.Persimmon Path lens and "Fire" Iridium Pitch lens. Interestingly it's not 100% fire lens as you get it in stock glasses. It's different. It's more like very light grey lens with Iridium coating such as on regular Fire lens. It's no where near the brownish tint of the regular fire, in fact it's a very light neutral tint. From the outside it appears almost like a regular Fire, only a bit more transparent. Actually I like it a lot more than the regular fire lens.

Matte Retina Burn - the color might look a bit darker in the pictures than the standard retina, but it's camera fault and lacks of sun. It's just like a standard retina in a direct sunlight, altough might appear not as bright as regular retina in the darker environment, thanks to it's matte finish and not gloss.
NpqekPH.jpg

LhNyKxx.jpg

IbZzpAh.jpg

Matte Team Green - I have customised this set with red earsocks and red iridium lens. Looks stunning in real life (the green is a bit brighter).

hLLWXHc.jpg

dTaNCoW.jpg

HI Persimmon lens ended in my old pair of Matte Black Ink Radarlocks. Lovely pair:

1vdQ1sQ.jpg

Custom Fast Jacket - Team Cardinal with Blue Iridium lens - got this pair few weekes ago:

FkKy2wp.jpg

My current lineup of sports specific frames looks this:

A9erVG4.jpg

Here's my complete list of sports frames and lenses:

Fast Jackets frames:
Polished White
Custom Team Cardinal

lenses:
Blue Iridium
Clear/black Photochromic
Grey XL

Radarlock frames:
Matte Black Ink
Matte Retina Burn OG Special
Matte Team Green OG Special

lenses:
Clear Path
G40 Path
HI Persimmon Path
Red Iridium Path
OG Special Fire Pitch

Sweet collection

What would you compare the Blue Iridium too? Is it kind of similar to G30, but in a neutral base?

Blue Iridium is VR28 based so it's a brown, contrast enhancing tint (G30 is pink based and lighter). As far as I remember BI's light transparency is said to be similar to the Jade or Red Iridium, but they appear a lot brighter when looking through. Overall great lens for use on overcast days or for sports activity in the woods (especially bike) where you need some colors boosting to better see terrain ahead.