• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Very Very TICKED!

Kiwi

Oakley Expert
WA
Bought a pair of Gascan's off of ebay thinking that they were authentic. When I receive the item, they are as fake as can be. The box is printed from a home printer. So is all the "paper" work. The soft vault is made of very CHEAP material. And last of all, the sun glasses are cheap pieces of plastic. The arms don't even unfold. I felt safe buying the glasses with ebay's buyer protection but it's just a pain that I have to go through the process of claiming my money back and potentially costing me shipping expenses.

Sorry for my rant everyone but I know someone else out there has gone through the same thing as I did today.

I will be posting pictures shortly. DON'T BUY FROM genaiad675 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image-9.jpg

image-10.jpg

image-11.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-15.jpg

image-12.jpg

Sucks to hear. It's a pain to go through the protection process and you'll likely be out your money for close to a month. Looking a the low feedback count though, I would've steered clear.

Couple things for future reference? Practically no Oakley's come with soft cases-almost all the fakes do. AND they come with a sport frame type case-those are giveaways. Also is that white box. Oakley doesn't use that box so that's also a giveaway. This is aside from the fact that with certain items (like those that can be faked and are) use reputable sellers on eBay. I have purchased 100's upon 100's of Oakleys over the last 10 years ALL but a very few bought here were on eBay-I've never received a fake. There are many reputable sellers of Oakley's on eBay and you can save yourself a lot of hassle by watching out for these signs. Also adhere to the "if its too good to be true" adage-if that price is really low in all likelihood its because those of us that know its a fake are not bidding on it. Doesn't mean there are not good deals out there but if its a TRULY good deal chances are you stumbled on it and its a private seller who isn't selling quantity

My first giveaway wouldve been the fact that they are on Ebay.

I've had not trouble finding authentic Oakleys on ebay with the use of a little caution. I'm sure many other members here do as well. Just because it's on ebay doesn't mean it's a fake. But if you choose not to use ebay for Oakley deals, that's just one less person to compete in bidding wars! :D

Latest Posts

Back