• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Very Very TICKED!

The picture in the auction listing was of authentic glasses. It did not show the vault. But when I got the item I knew it was fake before I even opened the box. The fake outer box was a dead give away. This is why I don't ever buy omatter oakleys on eBay but I though I would give it a shot this one time. Ebays buyer protection gave me some reassurance too but that doesn't look like its paying off. I contacted the seller directly to see if he would do the honest thing and issue me a refund but something tells me he is a "shady" character so i just went ahead and opened a claim. Wait till you guys see the pictures. You are going to laugh at how rediculously fake these glasses are.

sucks man. i am in the process of claiming myself. got duped for a mint x squared (arrived loose and scuffed, lenses are ****. seller told me SORRY THEY WERE NOT UP TO MY EXPECTATIONS! what an idiot!) and plasma emerald (again mint to the seller, scratched as hell lenses). prices were not that cheap either, which pisses me right off.

Yeah, one of the times I was burned I bought a Ten to harvest the frame on a low auction. First thing was it shipping from China, then it shows up in a paper-thin box, in a junky case... and it's a pair of Monster Dogs. With the telltale hangtag, O on the lens, junky feeling frames, lenses i can dimple with my finger. Just 100% fakes.

If I go shooting this weekend I should try and remember to take them.

Again, I wouldn't discount eBay; I can give you at least a dozen user id's of sellers on eBay I've spent thousands with-all 100% authentic product, often for 30-45% below retail, sometimes 50% of retail with tax pricing. I wouldn't be able to own Oakley products without eBay, it would be too expensive plain and simple. This ignores the fact eBay that the ability to build certain customs is only through eBay and those dealers who part out frames from lenses, unless you were going to go pay full price retail for multiple frames then swap around parts. Maybe some people can do that-I can't. Now-I have I issues with pre owned product from private sellers? YES! several times; never had an issue with eBay protecting me and wasn't out a dime, so I generally stick to buying pre owned here and certified new on eBay.

Yeah, one of the times I was burned I bought a Ten to harvest the frame on a low auction. First thing was it shipping from China, then it shows up in a paper-thin box, in a junky case... and it's a pair of Monster Dogs. With the telltale hangtag, O on the lens, junky feeling frames, lenses i can dimple with my finger. Just 100% fakes.

If I go shooting this weekend I should try and remember to take them.

Did you file a claim to get your money back? The reason I took the plunge to buy these gascans is because ebay offers the buyer protection. I've never filed a claim before but we will see how it goes. Hopefully I get my money back.

Again, I wouldn't discount eBay; I can give you at least a dozen user id's of sellers on eBay I've spent thousands with-all 100% authentic product, often for 30-45% below retail, sometimes 50% of retail with tax pricing. I wouldn't be able to own Oakley products without eBay, it would be too expensive plain and simple. This ignores the fact eBay that the ability to build certain customs is only through eBay and those dealers who part out frames from lenses, unless you were going to go pay full price retail for multiple frames then swap around parts. Maybe some people can do that-I can't. Now-I have I issues with pre owned product from private sellers? YES! several times; never had an issue with eBay protecting me and wasn't out a dime, so I generally stick to buying pre owned here and certified new on eBay.

I agree that if you are "smart" about buying on ebay, there are a lot of good opportunities. The fear of getting fakes is why I have only been buying xmetal oakley's for so long. Xmetals are usually easier to spot fakes and there are less fakes out there. The one time I decided to buy omatter frames, I get hooked.

Back