• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

View Through Edges on Prizm Sapphire versus Others

prisoner6

Oakley Beginner
I have two Prizm Lenses, and being that they are Rx, I only get a new one occasionally. The two I currently own are Sapphire Polarized and Dark Golf.

It has always nagged at me that the view out of the Sapphire lens is not uniform. It has the rose tint through the center, but transitions at the edges to a greenish hue. That transition bugs me.

The Dark Golf do not do this at all.

My understanding is that this is due to the Blue Iridium to some degree.

My question is, does Deep Water Polarized do this as well at the edge? To the same degree?

If so, what Prizm lens do not do this, like Dark Golf?

Thanks!

I have noticed that too, prizm sapphire, prizm jade, and prizm ruby all have that fade look from the back.

Prizm deep water looks more uniform without that fade. So does prizm daily polarized, black, tungsten, dark golf, road, road black, and field.

I have two Prizm Lenses, and being that they are Rx, I only get a new one occasionally. The two I currently own are Sapphire Polarized and Dark Golf.

It has always nagged at me that the view out of the Sapphire lens is not uniform. It has the rose tint through the center, but transitions at the edges to a greenish hue. That transition bugs me.

The Dark Golf do not do this at all.

My understanding is that this is due to the Blue Iridium to some degree.

My question is, does Deep Water Polarized do this as well at the edge? To the same degree?

If so, what Prizm lens do not do this, like Dark Golf?

Thanks!
hi...i also noticed this with the pair i just got- ridgeline 0327 prizm ruby lens....i thought it may be a fake but its not...its almost like a gradient lens this way..

Back