• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Frogskins, Have You Ever Seen These?

mikeydread

Oakley Beginner
Hey All,
I have been an Oakley customer since 1989. These was one of the first pair I have ever owned. I would guess I bought them in 1990 or so. I have always liked buying unique sunglasses and I have never seen anything like these. Has anyone else seen them, can give some information on the history and worth of these? I will sell them soon and just would like an idea.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/members/mikeydread-albums-vintage-frogskins-picture840-imag0928.jpg

Thanks
Mike

That is them exactly.
Would you have any idea what they are worth and what a fair price to sell them to a collector?
Thanks for the quick response.

That is them exactly.
Would you have any idea what they are worth and what a fair price to sell them to a collector?
Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure... Being a vintage pair I think condition will dictate the price.
Do you still have the box and bag? Any scratches on the lens or frame?

I wasn't able to find a pair on eBay... So that may add to the value.

I'm not really into Frogskins though... But I'm sure someone will come along with an idea of value.

3rd Gen Dalmations are not worth much, only like $90-100, however with this being a first gen, depending on condition or if you have the box and bag, they could be worth almost double that. Without knowing exact condition, I'd say probably around $120-130 is a safe estimate.

Edit: Just saw the above post. They are probably worth $90 at best in that case.

I would guess 1st generation. How could someone tell? The frames look to be in nice shape. I would take 100 if someone knows anyone that would like to have them. I have to buy diapers for the kids nowadays instead of cool sunglasses.

i believe this pair is a 1st gen frogskin with metal hinges and flat logo. dalmation - bronze 03-077. value will depend on condition of glass, original box and if complete with papers and microbag.

It does have metal hinges and flat Oakley logo. Also on one leg on the inside it says "Oakley Frogskins" and is raised and molded in. The frames are good shape, the lenses are scratched and dirty and I wouldn't wear them without replacement, I have no original box or papers.

Back